Falls & Tubing w/ Phil Lafayette

tarheelmjfan

Sorry, for yet another question on this topic. :o I researched his tour, when we went to OR last Nov. We plan to be in MB this Nov. Does he provide this tour from MB? Also, my DH & I decided to not take the tour last time, because of my health. Our DS(14) is going with us this time, & we want him to be able to take the tour. I can do the tubing with no problem. The falls may be a different story. Is there a way they can climb the falls & I can watch? How will we meet back up together? TIA :)

Hey, not sure about Phil, never used him. But we went last year and used another guide. Anyways at the falls there is a path beside the falls that you can watch them climb. It will take you all the way from the bottom to the top beside the falls. It is very pretty.

Hope this helps.

Diana

Sorry, for yet another question on this topic. :o I researched his tour, when we went to OR last Nov. We plan to be in MB this Nov. Does he provide this tour from MB? Also, my DH & I decided to not take the tour last time, because of my health. Our DS(14) is going with us this time, & we want him to be able to take the tour. I can do the tubing with no problem. The falls may be a different story. Is there a way they can climb the falls & I can watch? How will we meet back up together? TIA :)

Hi Tarheel - I don't know if Phil provides this tour from MoBay, I'd say probably not. It's a long drive, about an hour and half to the Falls, as I recall reading. If you DO get to do the Falls, there are steps and/or pathway that run along the side for those who don't want to climb up via the actual falls. I don't remember noticing the people on THAT part, though - I was watching my feet ;) . I know that some people who didn't feel able or confident enough to do the whole climb joined our group at that half way point. We all met up easily at the top, though, no problem.

Jamaica Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing Ltd) offer a tour to Dunn's River Falls from Mo Bay.

http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/DunnsRiverMontegoBay.htm

They also offer a river rafting & Plantation tour,Catamaran Adventure and Mo Bay Beach Horseback Riding

Have you used this tour group? I'm sure we'd enjoy the Falls, rafting, or horseback riding. Any of them would be fun. :)

Have you used this tour group? I'm sure we'd enjoy the Falls, rafting, or horseback riding. Any of them would be fun. :)

No I haven't used them, but I'm booked with Phil Lafayette for the Dunn's River Falls and White River tubing out of Ocho Rios.

Have you tried doing a search for Jamaica Cruise Excursions to see if anyone has used them?

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a cruise approximately 2 weeks ago. Took a tour with Phil Lafayette. He was wonderful. He had a wonderful personality and was extremely knowledgeable about Jamacia. He managed our time and got us to the falls early prior to all the tour groups. Climbing the falls took approximately 1 1/2 hours. I can't imagine how long it would of taken if we were delayed with a large cruise excursion. We were supposed to do the tubing as well but decided to chill out at Margaritaville after our excursion. He had no problem with us changing our plans. Phil Lafayette took us for a wonderful tour around the area. His tour was a highlight of our trip.

We were with Phil last week for the falls and tubing trip. It was our favorite day! You can walk the path and stairs next to the falls and watch. Phil got us there early before the crowds. He may be able to take you from MB if there is not a ship in Ocho Rios. It's worth an e-mail to him.

I made reservations for Phil's Tubing Bonanza ONLY. Website says it's 1-1/2 hr trip but my e-mail reply says the trip last 4 hours??? I replied back asking what we'd be doing the other 2-1/2 hours but got no response. I know there's some travel to and from the river to account for some of the time but can't imagine it being THAT long.

I want to do other things in Jamaica, that's why I booked ONLY the 1-1/2 hr trip. Can anyone shed light on a real time frame?

Also, what did you do with your valuables and dry beach towels and coverups?

Thanks,

I made reservations for Phil's Tubing Bonanza ONLY. Website says it's 1-1/2 hr trip but my e-mail reply says the trip last 4 hours??? I replied back asking what we'd be doing the other 2-1/2 hours but got no response. I know there's some travel to and from the river to account for some of the time but can't imagine it being THAT long.

I want to do other things in Jamaica, that's why I booked ONLY the 1-1/2 hr trip. Can anyone shed light on a real time frame?

Also, what did you do with your valuables and dry beach towels and coverups?

Thanks,

He'll probably pick you up after the Fall's people are finished. If you do both activities it's about 4-5 hours. He keeps your valuables in his locked mini bus and he stays with the bus while you are tubing/climbing

ockelly...thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that about picking us up after the Falls trip but their e-mail says I need to meet them within an hour of our ships arrival which is 8:30am. So it sounds like I need to be there with people that are doing the Falls, too.

We booked the 10:30am to noon trip. Webiste reads that it's only a 15 minute drive to the river. I just don't want to be stuck sitting on the bus somewhere.

ockelly...thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that about picking us up after the Falls trip but their e-mail says I need to meet them within an hour of our ships arrival which is 8:30am. So it sounds like I need to be there with people that are doing the Falls, too.

We booked the 10:30am to noon trip. Webiste reads that it's only a 15 minute drive to the river. I just don't want to be stuck sitting on the bus somewhere.

Did you ever get an answer? I am interested in doing just the tubing and I also don't want to be sitting around waiting for other parts of the tour to finish

Archived