Fort Lauderdale, AIRBOAT TOURS!

beladona0o

I noticed a lot of postings about side tours in Fort Lauderdale. As a resident I wanted to let everyone know about Sawgrass Recreation Park. It is an airboat tour facility that my family has gone to for years. Recently updated by new owners this facility is a clean and has a family friendly environment. Not only does is have airboat tours, but it also has animal exhibits. (And the price at 19.50 is a steal) It is a fun and unique way to see the other side of Florida. They let you hold a small alligator and take pictures and the staff makes you feel like one of their own. They have some picnic tables for lunches and they get cruise tour buses all the time so they are equipped to handle large groups. Those of you sailing with Royal Carribean, I know it is an option for a side tour. And for all you Florida Residents out there, you can do what my family does which is you pay one time at full price and they give you an annual pass to come back for a year for free to enjoy the whole park. (It's a great deal, we hop over on the weekends when we have nothing planned.) The animals are amazing, last time we were there they even had a Florida Panther and a baby tiger. There is one gator that is 1400 pounds that they call Cannibal. Keep in mind for all you cruisers! Happy Sailing.

Archived