noro-virus symptons?

Mom3Boys

Hi,

Last November on the Golden Princess my husband got sick as soon as we started leaving port. We at first thought it was sea sickness, this was around 5:30. About two hours later he was so much worse that I called medical and had to have someone come get him in a wheelchair. We just assumed it was severe motion sickness. They gave him a shot and we went back to our room. I began to get more concerned as he did not seem to improve. I called the medical center back around 10:30 and they again came and retrieved him. This time they gave him a shot of something different and he started feeling sleepy.

Can anyone else share what their symptons of noro-virus were? We thought if it wasn't noro-virus it might have been food poisioning. His symptons were extreme nausea, diahrea (I know I didn't spell this right but...) he had this so severe that it began to look bloody.

How long does it take when you pick up the virus before you ge the first symptons?

We are going on another cruise this year and I never want a repeat of that again!!! My sister, brother-in-law, nor myself did not get sick.

I appreciate all replys!

Oh, and Princess was great when it came to taking care of my dh! I would offer some adivce for anyone else. If you should become very sick ask them to give you iv fluids. My husband was dehydrated for a day and this made him feel very bad.

Thanks,

Linda

Archived