Need advice

mumom95

Ladies, I need your advice. I will be on the Coral Princess in Alaska in a couple of weeks. I am finalizing my outfits, but need some help with one. This for a non formal night. I have a tan linen skirt I plan on wearing. I was originally planning on wearing a white stretch blouse with it. I put the outfit on the other day (the shirt is new) and I think it looks ok. I don't think it looks great, mainly because I feel I'm too heavy to wear a stretch blouse (I'm a size 12). The blouse fits fine, but I just have issues with how I look in some things that are form fitting. Which also means I feel self conscience in the shirt. Anyway, I decided to try a white t-shirt on with the skirt, and honestly, I actually like it much better. It is so much more me, I'm a casual type person. Now please, don't confuse this with sloppy, when I mean casual, I mean more fabric material and style casual, not appearance casual. For example, I prefer my husband in nice jeans and a crisp, ironed button down shirt over a suit, but that is just the kind of person I am (I prefer a college football game over the opera too). But I strongly believe in clean and pressed clothes. And please don't think this means we aren't going to dress up for formal nights, he will be in a suit and I in a fancy LBD and the other is a long evening gown, I respect dress codes and abide by them.

So what I am asking is, would it be horrible to wear the white cotten t-shirt with the linen skirt, is that too causal for the non formal nights on Princess. I actually think it looks very nice on me. It is a nice t-shirt, pressed and fits me well (I don't seem to have as much of an issue with t-shirts being form fitting as other things, I'm not sure why that is). I would wear some nice jewelry with it (not fancy, given the outfit is not fancy) and would have on makeup and my hair done. I just feel so much better in this outfit, it seems more me. But I've started reading these boards and have realized I would like to learn some things about fashion and stop committing so many fashion faux pas. So basically I am asking two things:

Would this be acceptable in the dining room, or does the cotten t-shirt make it too casual (I realize they will probably let me in, what I want to know is will I fit in)

And second even if you think I won't feel out of place, am I committing a fashion faux paus.

Thanks for any advice.

I think a neat, clean, nice fitting tee with appropriate jewelry and your linen skirt is just fine for a non-formal night. A pair of nice sandals with a heel, or "dressy" flats will also add to the look.

Don't worry. Enjoy!

Jane

I think a neat, clean, nice fitting tee with appropriate jewelry and your linen skirt is just fine for a non-formal night. A pair of nice sandals with a heel, or "dressy" flats will also add to the look.

Don't worry. Enjoy!

Jane

Ditto.

It is for non-formal night...so you'll be perfect!

I like the white w/white look for those who can pull it off (I'd have wine or pasta sauce on it in a blink of an eye!) :)

~e

sounds good to me.. a nice look.. I am always checking my tee shirts to make sure they don't say Paradise Beach or the Green Parrot Bar on them.. lol.. but I too am a tee shirt person, I collect them (obviously) from most places I visit but leave off the advertising ones at nite in the dining room : )wait,, not exactly I have some form fitting DKNY with rhinestones that I've worn with white or black pants on a 'casual' nite.. now, if Donna would only pay me to advertise i could earn a free cruise :)

Thanks for all of the input. I was out today and bought a belt to go over the t-shirt (by the way, the t-shirt is solid white, no pictures or letters on it). It doesn't really dress it up, because the belt isn't dressy, but it adds to the look of the outfit. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the tee. Maybe I'll wear it on the first night, since I hear that night tends to be a little more casual than the others.

One more question. This skirt is the first linen thing I have owned, and man does it wrinkle easy (which I already knew linen did from seeing it on so many people wrinkled, which is why I haven't bought any before now.). Any advice on how to make it not so prone to wrinkles and creases when I wear it? Thanks again.

Check on Downy's web site before you buy it for a coupon. I saw a commercial the other day about it.

I think the outfit sounds good. If you want it to look a little bit dressier too, you can always do that with shoes and accessories.

Archived