Why won't they fix their web site?

crazy4cruisn

Printed forms for my parents... hooray.. started on the in-laws and here is the latest message from the geniuses running the website:

Error 500: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [action]: Session Object Internals: id : overflowed-session hashCode : 16948433 create time : Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 PST 1969 last access : Wed Dec 31 16:00:00 PST 1969 max inactive interval : 0 user name : null valid session : false new session : true overflowed : true non-serializable app specific session data : null serializable app specific session data : null

At the rate I am going, by the time I finish all of the forms I need to do I'll be the average age of a HAL cruiser. :p

Take it from someone who has worked on web sites before. It is very easy to "break" one and difficult to "fix" it. Sometimes it requires going through miles and miles of code (with thousands of lines of code) and cross checking through multiple databases to find the one case of transposed letters that caused the problem in the first place.

When you consider what is involved in the shore excusion and passport form pages, it is really a lot more involved than you would imagine. Once I moved one page to a new location in a site I managed and broke the entire site. (Fortunately I was able to fix everything in a few hours)

Currenty I have been going cross-eyed the past few days to try to figure out how two additional questions to the form, (which entailed six lines of code and two fields in a db) caused the form to quit working. (This form is still in the test phase though)

I would be willing to be that the programmers responsible for the site are pulling their hair out trying to fix everything and hadveit back up a running.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like it's working AGAIN! I was in the middle of changing one of my shore excursions and it gave me that white page again saying "website not found"

blah....Poor poor IT guys/gals...

I had the same problem this morning, Aloha, when I was accessing from AOL. I don't know if you're AOL, but if so try going there through IE. When I did that I had no problem at all.

I just checked now and it was working although it was slow. Clearly it's not working the way it should.

Why can't they get it fixed right????:confused:

I had the same problem this morning, Aloha, when I was accessing from AOL. I don't know if you're AOL, but if so try going there through IE. When I did that I had no problem at all.

I just checked now and it was working although it was slow. Clearly it's not working the way it should.

Why can't they get it fixed right????:confused:

I haven't used AOL in YEARS! How do you like it? I've got a digital connection and it still isn't working. I'll keep trying throughout the day :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement!

I have AOL....was able to navigate easily through the site. Got through booked guest and retreived my reservation.

Thats awesome! Maybe I should tell the University to switch to AOL ;)

Maybe the problem is I'm working in the shore excursions area and they actually were able to fix the cruise reservations section but not the Shore Excursions section.

I haven't used AOL in YEARS! How do you like it? I've got a digital connection and it still isn't working. I'll keep trying throughout the day :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement!

I am one of the few people in this universe who can honestly say "I love my AOL!!!" I love it and I want it and I won't give it up:D . And I'm not embarrassed to admit that.

I do, of course, bring my own access; my ISP being Adelphia. But I happily pay the $14.95/month because I love everything about AOL. Actually I've been paying nothing because I had an AOL Visa and the points easily covered the payments. They've eliminated that so I got a cash back MasterCard and that will more than cover the monthly fee. I've had AOL for 11 years. I've tried IE, Adelphia, Yahoo, BellSouth, etc. They don't measure up.

I was in the Shore Excursions area this morning on AOL with no problem. Then it slowed up and went to blank screen. This afternoon it was fine again. I think it's very haphazard right now and I think the problems lie with HAL and not our individual ISPs.

JMO!:)

I am one of the few people in this universe who can honestly say "I love my AOL!!!" I love it and I want it and I won't give it up:D . And I'm not embarrassed to admit that.

I do, of course, bring my own access; my ISP being Adelphia. But I happily pay the $14.95/month because I love everything about AOL. Actually I've been paying nothing because I had an AOL Visa and the points easily covered the payments. They've eliminated that so I got a cash back MasterCard and that will more than cover the monthly fee. I've had AOL for 11 years. I've tried IE, Adelphia, Yahoo, BellSouth, etc. They don't measure up.

I was in the Shore Excursions area this morning on AOL with no problem. Then it slowed up and went to blank screen. This afternoon it was fine again. I think it's very haphazard right now and I think the problems lie with HAL and not our individual ISPs.

JMO!:)

I finally got it to work, so I will be paying $118 for our Baths Excursion and will be getting back $178 for the cancelation of our 4x4 safari! I'm so excited. So far we have the Tortola Baths our first day, the St. Thomas Sky Line tour, Barbados Harrison's Cave, St. Maartin we get to go 4 wheeling, and there aren't any excursions yet for Roseau and San Juan...we will think of something! I'm so excited!

p.s. is it bad that I have my confirmation number memorized?? :D

Aloha, The Baths are actually on Virgin Gorda. But your port is Tortola. You will love The Baths!

Harrison's Caves in Barbados are also great. You'll enjoy that. We love Barbados.

You can get a peek at the tours for the other ports if you go to the HAL site and act as if you're looking for a cruise. Go to Caribbean and in the little slot there type in your ship's name and the month you're going. When they show you the itineraries, click on "View" for your cruise. Then you can click on each port and it will show you the tours they usually have for the other ports. I did that today and printed them all out so I can give it some thought before they put it up for our cruise.

Hope that's clearer than mud!:). And, no, it's good you have your confirmation memorized!:D

The Holland America Site is up and Running again. We just found out our cabin assignment, the Upgrade Fairy visited us with a three catagory upgrade on our b2b Booking.:)

All is forgiven. Kindly disregard all previous rancorous remarks regarding the Web Site. The docs should be here in the next day or two, at which time we will do our version of the Doc Dance. (Picture the Snoopy Happy Dance).:D

Barbados Harrison's Cave,

Sorry but Harrsion's Cave is closed.

The caves closed around July 7 and will stay closed until April of 2007.

Whoever is in charge of redoing Harrison's Caves as been dinking with this for at least a year. All anyone knew was it was closing soon. Month after month went by, then all of a sudden, bam ! they closed it. I don't think there was any warning.

I have to assume with all the problems that have been going on with Hal, they didn't get around to eliminating this excursion yet especially since this just occurred. :rolleyes:

Whoever is in charge of redoing Harrison's Caves as been dinking with this for at least a year. ..................:rolleyes:

Just have to tell you ... when I first read this post I thought you said Harrison's Caves has been "drinking" with this for a year!! LOL.:D Have to stop reading so fast!!!!

Gizmo, why do you suppose HAL would let Aloha book Harrison's Caves if they're closed?

Aww Man...what should I do? I went to the Harrison's Cave website and there wasn't anything on there that said it was closed (in fact it was taking reservations) but if you've personally seen that it's closed maybe I should go a head and change my choices... :eek:

I did the same thing and was surprised it did not have a message.

Go here:

http://www.nationnews.com/story/317093921165835.php

The article can be confusing. I believe the writer mistakenly said St. Thomas but it is Barbados.

also

Harrison's Cave closed for renovations

http://www.cbc.bb/content/view/6305/10/

Go to the Barbados board on this site for ideas. There are some good independent excursions.

Just have to tell you ... when I first read this post I thought you said Harrison's Caves has been "drinking" with this for a year!! LOL.:D Have to stop reading so fast!!!!

ROTFLMAO :D

Maybe the guy making the decision WAS drinking, since it has been going on for year now !!!!

Well, I just finished changing our excursion from Harrison's Cave to the Sea Turtle Snorkeling (with beach time). My only concern now is that the departure time is a whopping 8 am! :eek: We are in this port until 5 pm. If our excursion is only 3 hours we will be back from the beach at only 11! While there is nothing mentioned in the excursio about a trip back to the ship, I am wondering how much it would cost to pay our own way back and stay at the beach longer ;)

I just returned from a HAL cruise. I booked in May and I tried many times prior to the embarkation to get on HAL's web site to look for whatever we zhought we need to know. In about 75% of the time we had to give up since the web site was either down or - most of the time - in coma :eek: .

The web site apps and architecture are certainly poor (I know what I'm talking about) and deserve a closer look if HAL still respects its customers.

Worse was the fact the HAL screwed up most means of modern communication during the cruise itself. Almost 50% of the time people use to be awake there was no internet connection and the TV offering was poor at all times due to "interruption in satellite communications".

Refunds or at least an excuse for paid but not offered services? Not with HAL...:(

I was just do some advance planning and trying to book a cruise for xmas NY time 2007/8 and I could not get it to load beyond the home page, for checking out pricing for my destination, Australia and New Zealand. My TA said that she couldn't get pricing from HAL for 2008, but I got a brochure from them this weekend for long term planning, and it showed prices for the cruises I am looking at. Very frustrating.

jc

Refunds or at least an excuse for paid but not offered services? Not with HAL...:(

We were all refunded our internet charges on Noordam when her satellite uplink went out on the inaugural - I don't see what else they can reasonably do.

I'd certainly never expect some sort of refund, etc. for missing a TV show while on a cruise tho...

Archived