Barcelona. Hotel NH Duc de la Victoria

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We have stayed at the Hotel Continental and it's twin. It is supposed to be on a quiet street of Las Ramblas.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We have stayed at the Hotel Continental and it's twin. It is supposed to be on a quiet street of Las Ramblas.

I was going to stay there a couple of years ago, but since we had a late arrival and the street was closed to cars we did not want the hassle of wondering the streets at night trying to find the hotel. We ended up at NH Calderon which was close to las ramblas near the placa de Catalyuna (sp?). I can definitely recommend this hotel.

I haven't stayed there personally ... however, on our October trip my sister-in-law, her husband, my neice and her husband stayed there and we visited them. The hotel is nice ... about a block and a half or two off the north end of Las Ramblas. The back of the hotel borders on a rather seedy plaza where we usually saw homeless people sleeping on benches or begging for money. The hotel rooms were average size ... clean and modern ... their rooms had windows that looked out onto a large air shaft with the skylight of a department store at the bottom.

We chose to stay at "The 5 Rooms" ... a really nice B&B a few blocks from the NH Duc de la Victoria ... I've written several rather extensive reviews of this place elsewhere. It was about the same price as the Victoria ... but with a lot more genuine, Barcelona atmosphere and an absolutely WONDERFUL gem of a proprietress / owner ... Yessica.

DMK- We are thinking of staying at the Hotel Continental Palacete. Did you stay there? How did you like it? Thanks

[quote name=bigmjh

We chose to stay at "The 5 Rooms" ... a really nice B&B a few blocks from the NH Duc de la Victoria ... I've written several rather extensive reviews of this place elsewhere. It was about the same price as the Victoria ... but with a lot more genuine' date=' Barcelona atmosphere and an absolutely WONDERFUL gem of a proprietress / owner ... Yessica.[/quote]

I've heard some good things about "The 5 Rooms". Do you have a web site for them?

DMK- We are thinking of staying at the Hotel Continental Palacete. Did you stay there? How did you like it? Thanks

This is a very good hotel. It is in an excellent location. You won't go wrong. This time I'm looking to stay in Barcelona longer for less.

dmk - it's http://www.thefiverooms.com ... this place is truly great. Not luxurious (though the rooms are exceptionally clean, modern, quiet and HUGE (by European standards) ... but Yessica is wonderful ... she gave us recommendations for restaurants, using the Metro, where to go ... what to see ... etc. and her advice was right on the mark. The restaurants that she suggested weren't the usual "tourist traps" ... they were where the locals eat ... great food and very reasonable prices. The B&B is becoming really popular with Europeans since several articles about her have appeared in local magazines. If you contact her ... please tell her that Maurice & Madeleine say "HI".

dmk - it's www.thefiverooms.com ... this place is truly great. Not luxurious (though the rooms are exceptionally clean, modern, quiet and HUGE (by European standards) ... but Yessica is wonderful ... she gave us recommendations for restaurants, using the Metro, where to go ... what to see ... etc. and her advice was right on the mark. The restaurants that she suggested weren't the usual "tourist traps" ... they were where the locals eat ... great food and very reasonable prices. The B&B is becoming really popular with Europeans since several articles about her have appeared in local magazines. If you contact her ... please tell her that Maurice & Madeleine say "HI".

Thanks for the info. I have gone to their web site. Do you happen to know if any of the 5 rooms have single beds. The pictures show doubles.

dmk - I'm not sure ... the room we had was a queen size bed ... I only saw into one other room and it also appeared to be a queen. Email Yessica and ask ... she's usually pretty prompt in responding. Her email is ... info(at)the5rooms(dot)com ... replace "at" and "dot" with appropriate symbols ... posting emails in public places this way tends to foil the "bots" that search out addresses for spammers.

Archived