I am soooo excited about Christmas Caribbean Cruise 2006

Shellie1964

:) Hello Everyone

I am just sooo excited about my upcoming Caribbean Christmas Cruise 2006 on the magnificant Queen Mary II. The cruise is a graduation present from my husband (I know, I am so blessed).

We cruised 2 years ago at Christmas around the Caribbean on the Queen Elizabeth II (2004) and she was decorated beautifully with festive trimmings. During this cruise we spent a day or two side by side with QM2, never thinking one day we would be going on her. The thought of it is awesome.

Has anyone cruised christmas 2004 or 2005 on this ship? If so what was the on board evening entertainment like please?

We are having a two night pre-cruise stay on Ocean Drive before we embark; which will be useful to counteract our jet lag. Anyone else going at this time?

Best Regards

Shellie

Congrats on your graduation. I see your flying from the UK to the US for this cruise. I am sure both you and your husband will enjoy the whole experience. I'll be on the QM2 for the first time myself the first week in December so I completely understand your excitement about your cruise. From what I hear the decorations for Christmas are wonderful so I think you will like what you see.

Are you talking about the Dec. 23rd round trip Fort Lauderdale?? We **may** be there too. Trying to convince my sister and her fiance to go on this trip. She's convinced the ship is too big! I posted a roll call about this cruise a week or so ago and don't think there were any responses. We'll decide to book early this week, so hopefully we'll see you at the holidays!

:) Hi Frogger22

Yes I do mean the 23rd December one; we will be staying on board till approx 6/7th Jan 07. Sorry about not replying to your role call a couple of weeks ago; I have not viewed it as I only registered yesturday. You never know, we might bump into each other. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Best Regards Shellie

:) Hello Everyone

I am just sooo excited about my upcoming Caribbean Christmas Cruise 2006 on the magnificant Queen Mary II. The cruise is a graduation present from my husband (I know, I am so blessed).

We cruised 2 years ago at Christmas around the Caribbean on the Queen Elizabeth II (2004) and she was decorated beautifully with festive trimmings. During this cruise we spent a day or two side by side with QM2, never thinking one day we would be going on her. The thought of it is awesome.

Has anyone cruised christmas 2004 or 2005 on this ship? If so what was the on board evening entertainment like please?

We are having a two night pre-cruise stay on Ocean Drive before we embark; which will be useful to counteract our jet lag. Anyone else going at this time?

Best Regards

Shellie

Hi Shellie

We were on the Christmas cruise last year and loved it so much we are on this years' too!

The decorations are gorgeous but not OTT, they are elegant rather than glitzy, Christmas carols in the atrium were really lovely, every public room is decorated, the trees in the Chart room were my favourite.

About the entertainment, well to honest it wasn't one of the high points for me, but performances are quite subjective, I think they had tried to put together special christmas shows, whereas on most cruises you see shows that they perform for years week in and out, so they are quite polished. Having said that the Theatre is lovely and the solo acts were all good, it was just the ships own performers' "spectaculars" which were a bit cringe-worthy, having said all that, it didn't spoil anything for me it just gave me more time to spend in the Commodore lounge!

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, I can't wait either!

Mark

By the way, you won't be the only Shellie either, My sister is called Michelle and I always call her Shellie, you will spot us quite easily, there's 18 of us travelling together (all the family) x

:) Thank you for your informative reply Mark; it has confirmed that my anticipatory enthusiasm is not mis-placed. I have to keep reminding myself that I have a lot of living (and work) to do before we embark in December 2006.

I hope you have a wonderful festive time with your extended family during your cruise.

Best Regards

Shellie;)

My anticipatory enthusiasm is not mis-placed.

Definitely not - We're booked onto the QE2 again this Christmas and we're already thinking about what to pack! (One advantage of ex UK cruises is that you don't have to worry about airline limits). In fact we're already thinking about Christmas 2007.

Hi Pnhmrk

OOOOH don't encourage me; I am constantly distracted by the thought of exploring the QM2 for the first time (hopefully not the last). I have an English holiday to enjoy first in September and a new job to start beginning of August.

Best Regards

Shellie

Hi Shellie and others,

We booked today! Just need my sister's fiance to get his passport. They'll be 6 of us cruising this Christmas. First QM2 cruise for me, DH, sister, and her fiance. Second QM2 experience for our parents!

Archived