shore dives in georgetown

skmille

Has Anyone Done Shore Dives In Georgetown. We Have Two 15 Yr Old Girls Who Have Not Been On A Boat Dive Before But Have Done Shore Dives & They Want To Dive In Georgetown When We Dock. They Don't Really Care About Seeing Anything Except Fish. Anything You Can Tell Me Would Be Helpful. Thanks

Has Anyone Done Shore Dives In Georgetown. We Have Two 15 Yr Old Girls Who Have Not Been On A Boat Dive Before But Have Done Shore Dives & They Want To Dive In Georgetown When We Dock. They Don't Really Care About Seeing Anything Except Fish. Anything You Can Tell Me Would Be Helpful. Thanks

Eden Rock is the closest - walking distance from the tender pier. Several places the same direction (south) within a mile.

I'll agree. Eden Rock would be a great shore dive. I'm heading back there to dive it again on my next cruise. Last time there we saw a ray and sea turtles amongst many fish. Right off the shore too.

Is there a place to store our own gear after we dive so we can hit the beach? Two of us have our own gear - but one has to rent, anyplace close? Can you describe the dive a little more? Kinda looked like a grotto from my online search.

Thanks,

Ginger

Is there a place to store our own gear after we dive so we can hit the beach? Two of us have our own gear - but one has to rent, anyplace close? Can you describe the dive a little more? Kinda looked like a grotto from my online search.

Thanks,

Ginger

http://www.edenrockdive.com/5.htm

rental equipment and lockers available (as they are at several other shops in the area.. Parrots Landing and Sunset House for example)

http://www.cayman.org/scuba/

A - but not THE - feature of the Eden Rock area is a site called Devil's Grotto which is popular as many years ago National Geographic did a piece there. But don't be concerned that this is like a Florida Spring area where the only sights to see are in a 50 square yard area. That's just one very prominent area of coral in a coral system that runs just off shore for several miles, south of the tender landing. In CI, popular areas, and more importantly boat mooring bouys, have specific site names, but truthfully on any given day any spot of the reef can be the best (or worst) dive of your life. http://www.divecayman.ky/flashmap/default.asp

Do note that the shore diving south of the tender landing is an 'iron shore' area, while the nice sand beach - 7 Mile Beach - is north - or elsewhere in the island. So if you leave your gear in a locker, you need to trek back to get it...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response.

Now if I can just figure out how I can get to do the Eden Rock shore dive, sandbar stingray, 7 mile beach and a little shopping along with the tender time between the allotted hours of 7am till 4pm! All these logistics ya know? I guess something will have to be cut out.:(

Ginger

Valor 9/17/06

Archived