Is The Pacific Sun Off For 2 Weeks?

Rolls

Hi

Does anyone know why the Pacific Sun has no more cruises until around 25 July 06, or is she doing private sailings during this time, or having a maintenance check?:rolleyes:

I'm sailing on her again leaving 17 September N628.:)

Cheers;)

Rolls

She's definately going into dry dock. We were told that when we did the tour of the bridge on our April cruise. It had actually slipped my mind for a moment & when I just checked the cam was suprised to see her out at sea. Then I remembered. I'm surprised they didn't cram another school holiday cruise in & put her in dry dock next week instead.

Karen

She is now out of the harbour and heading north so I assume she is drydocking in Newcastle or Brisbane.

The Sydney Ports website has her listed to depart Sydney for Brisbane at 11.45am. I guess she's going to Brisbane.

The Sydney Ports website has her listed to depart Sydney for Brisbane at 11.45am. I guess she's going to Brisbane.

Yep, she's coming to Cairncross in Brisbane (where Sky Princess was converted to Pacific Sky and where Pacific Sky was sent to have her problems of 2004/2005 rectified). She's due into Brisbane on Wednesday.

There's a good chance Regal Princess will be converted to Pacific Dawn at Cairncross in October 2007.

kym

Thanks for advising me where the Pacific Sun will be for the next two weeks.

I'm looking forward to my next cruise on her in September 06. I have been to most of the places before, however it's not the ports visited I go for, it's the relaxation and enjoyment.:)

Regards to all

Rolls

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (August from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun - 9 weeks 5 days to go (September from Sydney)

where abouts on the river is this Cairncross place

I would like to know that too. It would be good to find a park or something on the other side of the river and take a couple of pictures.

I found a map showing where Forgacs Cairncross Dry-dock located on the river but it doesn't show you the surrounding street names. Cairncross appears to be almost across from where the new passenger terminal is located.

http://www.users.on.net/~stargazer/Forgacs%20Cairncross%20Dry-dock.jpg

kym: where abouts on the river is this Cairncross place you speak of?

It's on the southern side of the river, directly opposite Brett's Wharf/Hamilton. If you go to the Brett's Wharf City Cat Terminal, or if you drive out along Kingsford Smtih Drive you'll be able to see Pacific Sun, either tied up at the fitout wharf in the river, or in the in the dry dock.

Oops, didn't read further down to see more answers!

There's no real point in trying to get to it on the southern side of the river, you can't get very close to it - you get a much better view from Brett's Wharf/Hamilton.

We drove down to see Pacific Sky when she was in there - but there's no clear view of the ship.

Archived