Coffee Solution

HockeyBoysMom

Ok, we were just back from the Diamond Princess, and while I don't drink coffee, my husband is a little bit of a coffee snob. He has very strong opinions about coffee (hates Starbucks and we are from Seattle) and was concerned about the coffee reviews for Princess. His general opinion was that no one should be forced to drink the coffee in the Horizon court, and that the coffee in the dining room was certainly more drinkable but not what he would like.

Anyway, the morning that we left, we happened upon a cool product and it worked great for him. I thought I would share, since I have learned so much from you here. At a local espresso shop, we found a travel mug with a built in french press. I have posted a link to a similar product below. You just put the grounds in the stainless steel travel cup and put the lid on which had the press and let it sit for a few minutes. Then you pressed it down and the grounds were held in the bottom of the cup. You could press it again for stonger coffee. My hubby said it was very good coffee and it was easy to do. We had several people ask us about it when we were on-board. He would just have a pot of hot water delivered by room service and make it in the cabin in the morning to have as we were getting ready and then he could take it with him in the morning. Each day he just cleaned out the grounds and then rinsed it out with hot water. It meant bringing our own grounds, but they just traveled inside the cup in a ziplock baggy. We have been planning on bringing travel mugs anyway, so this was a great solution.

Dusty

http://www.liquidplanet.com/French-Press-Mugs-As-Seen-On-HGTVS-I-WANT-THAT-p-662.html

Archived