Qm2 1/06/2007

iluvbulls

Can any of you seasoned QM2ers give me a synopsis of what to expect, what not to miss, how to pack, how to tip, etc on my upcoming cruise. It is only for 4 nights.

Will we have the balls that I've read about? Is the dress resort casual onboard during the day, (shorts, sleeveless tops)

I don't want to feel out of place. I've been on 4 carnival...9 RCCl and 2 Celebrity..so this is my big step to grown up cruising as I like to call it.

It will be so nice not to see jeans and T'shirts in the dining room, and bathing suits in the buffet lines. ( I hope I don't sound snobby);)

Any suggestions would be great. Yes, I've done my searches..I know what not to miss but what else???

Hi Iluvbulls

It is encouraging to see that you are moving on and making future plans. I am having my first QM2 cruise 23/12/06 and I can not wait to explore this magnificient ship.

Gratutuities are added to your ship board account on a daily basis and the amount depends which stateroom category you are in ($11-$13).

Casual wear is allowed during the day around pool areas (up to 6.00pm) though swimsuits and shorts are not allowed in the main restaurants.

Evening wear is either formal, informal or casual and is specified in the ship's Daily Programme each day.

Hope that helps

All the Best & Good Luck

Shellie

My husband and I will be joining you 6 January, and I can't wait. Just got off the Independence Day Sampler last week (NYC - BOston - Bar Harbor - Halifax). It was my second voyage.

Not to be missed:

Planetarium Show (pick up your free tickets in the morning for one of the

afternoon shows)

high tea in the Queen's Room (the ballroom)

a drink in the Commodore Club for the view

a drink in the Chart Room (my personal favorite watering hole)

the bookstore

Lotus Restaurant (a free alternative restaurant which offers a 10 course

Oriental tasting menu)

The evening shows, especially Appassionata, the dance group if they are

aboard.

When we get our documents in December, it will list the number of formal, Informal and casual nights. Formal is very formal -- tuxes and gowns. Informal (semiformal) is what I would call dressy -- church dress up, or out to dinner dress up, suits and ties for men. Casual is dressy pants and tops, no tie for men. From this last 5 night cruise I was just on, I suspect it will go like this:

Saturday: Casual

Sunday: Formal

Monday: Informal

Tuesday: Casual.

But that is just my guess.

Daytime dress: I put polo shirt and shorts on first to do my deck walking and a quick bite to eat in the buffet area King's Court. Then later I change into long pants as I would feel way underdressed otherwise. And they won't let you to tea in shorts. Then I dress for dinner . Some change after dinner back to casual pants and tops, but I like to stay dressed up! May ladies were capris during the day. I saw very very few pairs of jeans.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm sure we'll be arranging for anyone who want's to on the 6 Janaury trip to get together that first night to chat with each other. We did that last week and it was a lot of fun.

Let me know any more specific questions and concerns I'll see if I can help.

--Shelly (another one, spelled differently!!!!!)

Archived