Past Guest Party

eeclwa

Finally got my situation fixed. My mother kept getting "Carnival" mail at her house. For some reason, they had me under my maiden name with a space between the first two letters and the last letters (I'm Italian.) I was surprised b/c I've been married for 10 years!!!! I only used my maiden name once!!

Call guest relations if you are having a problem. Also, hold onto any mail you get for Carnival credit cards b/c it will have a past guest number on there.

My DH's birthdate was wrong (I showed up and we had cruised together last Nov) so he didn't come up when I did the fun pass as having cruised before even though we had his number. I called Carnival and they asked me for his birthdate and corrected it and a couple of days later I was able to complete the fun pass, so a variety of reasons can cause problems with their db.

We attended the past guest party on our last cruise and it was quite nice. My children 11, 7, 5 (10,7,5 at the time) were also given their individual invitations to attend along with their Carnival pin. This was a big deal to them. Although my husband and I do not drinnk, we enjoyed nice fruity "non-alcoholic" drinks and somey yummy treats with the kiddos. It was nice!!

I've sailed on Princess which is a sister company of carnival. I am booked on the Liberty March 2007. I have a past guest #. Since I have a past guest # will we be invited to the Captian's reception as a past guest? Or since we have never saild on Carnival will we not be invited? I thought that by receiving the past guest # we were in..............

.......will we be invited to the Captian's reception as a past guest?

ALL passengers are invited to the Captain's Cocktail Party. That is the big party that is held on Formal Night prior to your formal dinner.

Or since we have never saild on Carnival will we not be invited? I thought that by receiving the past guest # we were in..............

The Past Guest Party is by personal invitation only, and is supposed to be for past guests of Carnival Cruise Line, not other Carnival Corporation lines. Perhaps they are re-thinking their policy to include all their lines, but I hope not. The parties are already over-crowded:(

You have to enter your name exactly as it was on your first cruise. Once you find your past-guest no. keep it somewhere.

I also had trouble locating my past guest no. On my last Carnival cruise. Even the Carnival rep had trouble locating it. After searching I located my 1st Carnival booking info I received in the mail. They had my name as last name JR.

When I contacted my Carnival PVP to make sure my past guest info he had already located my past guest no. and entered it for me by locating my name on the ship roster from 2005!

QUESTION: I ws able to keep my sail & sign card on my 1st cruise, but when i sailed on the Carnival Legend in June they kept my gold card? When I asked for it as a memoir they told me they were keeping the past guest cards? Has anyone been able to keep your gold cards?

QUESTION: I ws able to keep my sail & sign card on my 1st cruise, but when i sailed on the Carnival Legend in June they kept my gold card? When I asked for it as a memoir they told me they were keeping the past guest cards? Has anyone been able to keep your gold cards?

They didn't keep mine. I toss them after I get home anyway.

You have to enter your name exactly as it was on your first cruise. Once you find your past-guest no. keep it somewhere.

I also had trouble locating my past guest no. On my last Carnival cruise. Even the Carnival rep had trouble locating it. After searching I located my 1st Carnival booking info I received in the mail. They had my name as last name JR.

When I contacted my Carnival PVP to make sure my past guest info he had already located my past guest no. and entered it for me by locating my name on the ship roster from 2005!

Carnival people let us keep our gold S&S cards last July's cruise on the Sensation.

Did you read this thread before you posted? If not, may I suggest you do?:p

I did read the thread before I posted... I always do. Why do you ask? Because it seems as though the answer to my question is not here.. unless i'm missing posts or perhaps overlooked it upon reading it twice.

There is a post that may make an inference to a first time cruiser (the lady whose children got individual invitations) but it doesn't state specifically whether just the lady was a past guest.

So I shall ask again, if I'm a past guest can I bring my boyfriend who is a first time cruiser? ie. do they recommend you bring a guest?

Did you read this thread before you posted? If not, may I suggest you do?:p

Seamama, perhaps you should think about what you are going to write before you post. This is not the "What do you mean I can't bring a 1st time Carnival Cruiser to the Past Guest Party?" thread. That's a different. Nothing about that is mentioned in this thread. Happy cruising ;)

I did read the thread before I posted... I always do. Why do you ask? Because it seems as though the answer to my question is not here.. unless i'm missing posts or perhaps overlooked it upon reading it twice.

There is a post that may make an inference to a first time cruiser (the lady whose children got individual invitations) but it doesn't state specifically whether just the lady was a past guest.

So I shall ask again, if I'm a past guest can I bring my boyfriend who is a first time cruiser? ie. do they recommend you bring a guest?

The party is only for past cruisers, but I have seen posts that mentioned their invitations said "And Guest". Wait and see what your invitation says and go from there.

i have been on 11 cruises since 1982- this will be my 12th in nov- do they count the cruises from 1982 or when did they start counting them?

Check your cruise history on Carnival.com and see what they have listed.

Your invitation will either have your name only, or possibly "and guest". No, they don't recommend you bring a guest, but it is allowed at times. You might want to check with the purser if only your name appears on the invitation.

As much as I don't like the overcrowded-ness of the party... I think if one person is a past guest and the other ONE person isn't, it's ok. However, what gets me is when one person is a past guest and they want to bring all their friends and family, none of whom have cruised Carnival before.:rolleyes:

i have been on 11 cruises since 1982- this will be my 12th in nov- do they count the cruises from 1982 or when did they start counting them?

I don't know exactly when they started keeping up with everybody's cruises, but I do know that my cruises from the '80s did not show up on their computer.

In order to 'prove' you took those cruises, there's a long process or sending them verification - like embarkation papers, etc. - WHO keeps those things from 20 years ago?:D

What I did was send them copies of the embarkation photos (showed ship name, date, and port of embarkation). They didn't want to accept those at first, saying they had to see 'paperwork'... However, after much ado, I FINALLY got my past Carnival cruises straight with them, and on my next cruise, I'll be platinum. BUT, it was a heckuvalotta work!:(

The Past Guest party is pretty lame. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise, and we seen the same little movie every time! The drinks and appetizers aren't good either. They taste like frozen food! I normally don't complain, but it was a waste of time.

The Past Guest party is pretty lame. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise, and we seen the same little movie every time! The drinks and appetizers aren't good either. They taste like frozen food! I normally don't complain, but it was a waste of time.

I don't go for the food or the movie actually... there is plenty of food on the ship, LOL! But you can order ANY drink you want at the past guest party, so if they suck, that's your fault :p:p LOL!!! And since soooo many people now bring a "guest", they are preparing food for many more... I'm sure most of it IS frozen...

The little meatballs are really good. And the collection of pins they give you are'nt too bad. As long as they keep having these parties in the non smoking lounge, I will be going to town on those meatballs.

I don't go for the food or the movie actually... there is plenty of food on the ship, LOL! But you can order ANY drink you want at the past guest party, so if they suck, that's your fault :p:p LOL!!!

Now see? You just made my day! We're booked for our first Carnival cruise, in November. So I was looking around CC and ran across the room service menu. No HAMBURGERS!!! :eek: Now, getting a late night burger delivered is one of out favorite things on every other cruise we've been on (HAL, Princess, Celebrity) so I was in mourning. But I figured we'd suffer thru.

THEN I see that, at this past guest party, they only served drinks from a tray! Oh THE HORROR! All our past cruises you could order any drink, so now I was REALLY starting to think I'd booked a W**-M*rt cruise! [i shouldn't say that - I love Wal-Mart. Make it Do**ar St**e. Nah, I like them, too. Well, forget that part, then.]

So: I am SO glad to hear you can order any drink!!

Now I have to convince my PVP that our Princess cruises should get us into the past guest party.

Sorry, Cotton, honey. Sometimes it seems like this old world is just changing right out from under us now, doesn't it. ;)

My wife called this weekend because we didn't have our past cruiser number. She got a dedicated person on the phone who tracked these numbers down......no easy feat. We had moved since our last cruise but Carnival had us in their system at an address in our old city that we have never lived at or near. This person changed our address and gave us our frequent cruiser numbers. Kuidos to this Carnival employee.:)

We have just gotten back from our Fantasy cruise and at the past guest party we were told no guests. I was also told that I could not get different drinks from the bar only the drinks the waiter had.I did see some of the waite staff bringing out large beers to other guests.So it might have just been this one waiter and although we still did have a blast...Heres to hoping this was just an isolated event.

Marty

Archived