PG Warning for the Vegas & Broadway Shows

lxh11

was rather amusing imo, as the hairy chest competition on the Lido deck was far more x-rated, men bumping and grinding against the railing!!!

And what would that really mean to someone that was PG age? :confused:

The best ones i've seen were, 1 the survivor game, a woman pulled her t-shirt off to do do the water portion and her bathing suit top came off right along with it and she just kept going to finish the game.

2- during the dining room show an older overwieght fellow, probably in his 70's, crawls up on his table and starts stripping to the beat of the music, all the waiters were trying to get him down before all his clothes were completely off.

I love Carnival!

The exact wording on the Capers is:

PARENTS PLEASE READ

Although we encourage the entire family to see the show, we must advise parents that the show does contain 'VEGAS STYLE COSTUMES".

Therefore the show does carry a P.G. rating

But the social hostess failed to mention at the hairy chest competition that parents should be aware that contestants were going to be judged on their best "groove" and have the female judges fondle their hairy chests.

PARENTS PLEASE READ

Although we encourage the entire family to see the show, we must advise parents that the show does contain 'VEGAS STYLE COSTUMES".

Therefore the show does carry a P.G. rating

But the social hostess failed to mention at the hairy chest competition that parents should be aware that contestants were going to be judged on their best "groove" and have the female judges fondle their hairy chests.

I guess i don't see the big deal in it all? So there was bumps and grinds and women rubbing the hairy chest. Has anyone glanced at MTV recently. The "girls" in videos do alot worse than that, yet kids are still watching them.

You are wrong, not all kids are watching MTV. Because involved parents monitor what they can watch. They same way that the warning for the show gives parents the opportunity to decide if they want their children seeing revealing costumes, or men stripping (as in the Full Monty segment).

There is no such warning for the hair chest contest which is in full view of the Lido deck.

Wether I agree or not, is not the issue. My amusement is at the warning for the show, but not the contest.

PARENTS PLEASE READ

Therefore the show does carry a P.G. rating.

Thx, lxh - They must have recently added that 'warning'. I went through several Capers I have here, and it's not in any of them. Maybe they've been looking at the comments from concerned parents on Cruise Critic....?:D

I guess i don't see the big deal in it all? So there was bumps and grinds and women rubbing the hairy chest. Has anyone glanced at MTV recently. The "girls" in videos do alot worse than that, yet kids are still watching them.

I think the point was that Carnival made a point out of posting in the capers a warning about the harmless costumes in the evening shows, while in broad daylight in the middle of the day more outrageous stuff was going on...LOL

I think the poster was pointing out the irony in the situation.:D

Exactly! LOL!

X-rated?? I know i'd be upset if I wanted to see something xrated and only got to see a bunch of hairy chested men, clothed, dancing around :p It's PG, at best. Nothing worse than kids see on TV...

You are wrong, not all kids are watching MTV. Because involved parents monitor what they can watch. They same way that the warning for the show gives parents the opportunity to decide if they want their children seeing revealing costumes, or men stripping (as in the Full Monty segment).

There is no such warning for the hair chest contest which is in full view of the Lido deck.

Wether I agree or not, is not the issue. My amusement is at the warning for the show, but not the contest.

You may want to keep them away from ABC, NBC, and CBS... as well as FOX, UPN, etc. I've seen FAR worse on standard TV shows than I've ever seen on a ship... Might want to also keep them away from the beach, there are hairy chest there too :p

I remember a thread a about a month ago about X-rated Carnival shows. However I can't find it now.

There was a review of the Holiday and another review (can't remember if it was the same ship) that told about the show girls kicking their legs high in the air and showing their goodies. The one said they didn't have any underwear on. But it DIDN'T say that they left! :D :D :D

Holiday Review

Can you imagine doing that same show night after night? What better way to wake up the audience than to show off a bikini wax?

Ms B

Archived