QM2: Running training on deck

Mixed Up

And if you're worried about

a. running into other passengers who are not as fit or as young as you and unable to move out of your way quickly (that's me:) ), or b. running into chairs, or c. getting in other people's way as they stroll about taking in the air and the view (that's also me:) )....

.... there are running machines in the gym.

Enjoy your voyage (from Pepper, who used to be so fit and fast for rugby but who now is the size of a bouncy castle).

Do note, however, that Cunard requests that you not jog on Deck 7 prior to 8AM as this is disturbing to passengers sleeping on the deck below. I did read that while I was on the ship.

Have fun uh exercising. ;)

Deck 7 is not a running track. It is the Promenade Deck where people stroll and lounge. Cunard claims that you can use this deck for running but it is not practical. We did all of our running on the treadmill in the gym.

Tom

The treadmills in the gym are available from 6am-8pm if memory serves correct. The only time we found it crowded was the morning after boarding and it thinned out by 8am. When QM2 rolls running on the treadmills is entertaining - it's like running on a series of small hills.

Deck 7 was almost completely empty during our voyage - we only encountered people in the morning that we docked in New York Harbor.

We went running on deck 7 almost every day except for day 3, which was the day of the third worst storm that QM2 had ever encountered.

Wendell

Archived