Bus to Jersey Garden Mall

This question would be for anyone familiar with the area around EWR. My husband and I will be staying overnight at the Best Western Newark Airport, and would like to go to the Jersey Garden Outlet Mall area for dinner and just looking around. I see that there is a bus stop quite near the hotel, and near the Mall. Can you tell me if it is safe to walk a block or two in that area? The hotel is on International Way, and I read that it is in a weird spot. The hotel will shuttle us to the mall, but for a pretty expensive fee, IMHO. Thank you for any information you could give us.

It's safe in the sense that I don't think you'll become a crime victim but I still wouldn't walk. The roads are large, industrial & not easy to cross on foot. I think your hotel has a shuttle & would probably drive you to the mall.

• 5 months later...

you would be crazy to walk. two words. road kill!

there is a shuttle from the airport to the mall. i think you take the airtrain monorail thing to stop 4 (i forget..it's the one with all the shuttles.)

not sure when it runs. do a little google search for jersey gardens..all the info should be there.

not a LOT of places to eat..mostly fast food. but i always get some sort of deal there....just don't have a specific plan of something to find.

if you stay at the courtyard, residence inn, country inn or extended stay america in newark.elizabeth on glimcher realty way you could walk across the street/parking lot if it is decent weather and if you don't buy out the place.

Archived