Holiday Inn Bayside Miami - Problems?

Hal from Ohio

I've read a couple of recent "less than complimentary" posts regarding this facility. We stayed there pre-cruise about three years ago, and were satisfied with the accommodations and service. We've booked a room again pre-cruise for this coming November. Would appreciate anyone's recent expereince with this hotel. In all fairness, I will book elsewhere rather than begin our vacation on a "sour note". Thanks for the info!

I wasn't very happy. I am one who posted a "less than wonderful" review. That being said, it seems to be hit or miss with this hotel. Some seem to love it. I wanted to love it, but the staff made it soooooo hard:confused:

Quick summary: rude staff (would not even open up a bathroom door so we could use the restroom while we were waiting, and waiting, and waiting for our room that had been booked AND PAID FOR many months in advance. Did not/would not recognize my Priority club membership. We were constantly bothered by homeless folks right outside the front door of the hotel while the staff went about in their ignorant bliss. One (yes 1) working ice machine in the entire place. Elevator was very scary, and apparently has been broken several times since. Filthy bed linens. Acted like we were asking for the moon when we wanted to store our luggage while waiting for a room.

In fairness, others seem to have had a nicer stay. I plan on using the Intercontinental next time. Perhaps they will at least recognize my priority club card!

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Bayside in April before our cruise and everyone and everything was wonderful. My daughter and I were looking for snacks late at night in our PJ's and a staff member offer to go into the bar and get snacks so we wouldn't be embarassed. Our room was clean. comfy and had a great view of Bayside. We arrived early and they immediately had a room for us. When we needed a cab to the port they called one for us right away. We stay 2 nights there and had a wonderful experience. The key is that you don't want to necessarily wander the area behind since there are a lot of homeless, but Bayside is right across the street with plenty to do.

We are booked at the HI for our upcoming cruise in August (got a good deal on easyclick).

Anyhow I did check out the reviews on tripadvisor and for the most part they were pretty positive: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d80275-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Port_of_Miami_Downtown-Miami_Florida.html

Will let you know our experience when we get back!

Frouf

We have stayed there 4 times and every single one has been perfect. It is a killer location right accross from the Bayside market place with about 25 restaurants and outdoor entertainment. The hotel is clean and well managed. Try for a corner bayside room and you will be able to see the cruise ship dock. I think the orginial OP hit there on a bad day. Do go to travel advisors and you will see for your self.

I have never used this method for booking a room. I am leary of making a reservation (not knowing for sure what hotel I am booking). Can anyone tell me their experiences doing this? Also, I found a link for easy click travel "reverse lookup" which tells you what they """believe""" the hotel to be. Has anyone used this??? We are traveling on the FOS on Oct.8 and some of the large group will be arriving from NY to Miami the night before. We have made a reservation (6 to 8 rooms) for the Holiday Inn. If it is possible to book it cheaper this way, we may consider doin so.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have never used this method for booking a room. I am leary of making a reservation (not knowing for sure what hotel I am booking). Can anyone tell me their experiences doing this? Also, I found a link for easy click travel "reverse lookup" which tells you what they """believe""" the hotel to be. Has anyone used this??? We are traveling on the FOS on Oct.8 and some of the large group will be arriving from NY to Miami the night before. We have made a reservation (6 to 8 rooms) for the Holiday Inn. If it is possible to book it cheaper this way, we may consider doin so.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TACMS... I just saw your post & tried easyclicktravel.com & got the InterContinental in Miami for $119 not including taxes. I just surfed each hotel in the area under I found the exact description & then I knew what hotel it was going to be. The total came out to $135. I didnt think that was bad for a $195 room.

Same here - when I went on easyclick I tried for downtown Miami 3-4 star for 1 night in sept. Got 3 'options" - one at $88, one at $98 and one at $144 - they do give you the descriptions and if you search on the web at other hotel sites you can 'match' them up pretty easily before 'choosing' the right one.

In my case the $144 was the Intercontinental (descriptions mentions a marina attached to the hotel!)....and according to my research the $98 seemed to be the Holiday Inn - so I chose that option and that's what it was!

Good luck!

Frouf

Here's a side note to the easyclicktravel.com & their policy on cancellations.

</SPAN>How do I change or cancel my hotel reservation?

Our hotel cancellation and change policy is as follows:

o Fee of one-night room charges will be assessed for any cancellation or change made less than 72 hours before check-in date with the exception of the Disney hotels and National Parks. Cancellation Fee of one night stay will be assessed for any cancellation or change made less than 5 days before check-in date at a Disney hotel or 21 days before check-in date at a National Park.

o Fee of full amount paid (NO REFUND) will be assessed for no shows without cancellation or changes made less than 24 hrs prior to check-in date at 3 p.m. EST.

You can cancel by phone at 1-888-868-7426.

Rob and I stayed at the Holiday inn in april and was pleased It is not a 4**** motel but it was clean and the desk personell was quiet helpful. They stored our bags until Our room was ready as we got to miami early. As for easy click travel I used them and I really like them because with priceline you cant cancel but with easy click travel you can I think its like 72 hours prior you can check there site. I have never got a bad motel with them have a great day James

Originally we had 3 rooms reserved at the HI but after reading some less than complimentary reviews about this hotel, we went on Priceline and were able to get the Intercontinental for just a few $$ more. That is just one less thing for us to worry about. Of course who knows we could have a bad experience at the Intercontinental too. But as a 4-star hotel, I would think that is less likely to happen.

Archived