Spirit main dining room dinner menus...8-night itinerary

bangzoom6877

Someone recently posted the menus from the 7-night sailing to Bermuda onboard the Majesty. We are going on the Spirit on July 22nd on the 8-night sailing, and I was wondering about these menus. I know that the dinner menus are supposed to be the same fleetwide, but there was no President's Dinner. Now, we have been on the Sea and the Dawn, and I honestly wasn't crazy about the President's Dinner Menu, but I am curious to see if it is still part of NCL's main dining room. Here were the different themes for dinners as posted from the Majesty:

Day 1: Bon Voyage

Day 2: Captain's Gala

Day 3: Caribbean Dinner

Day 4: Italian Dinner

Day 5: International Dinner

Day 6: Captain's Farewell

Day 7: Chef's Dinner

I might have mixed up a couple of the days, but those were all the different themes for sure. Also, there was prime rib on the first night for Bon Voyage. Are these menus accurate for the Spirit 8-night sailing, and what is the 8th dinner? I am curious and can't wait to go!

Bonnie

I believe the Presidents Dinner menu included recipes Henry Haller developed for a number of United States presidents while he was chef at the White House. As I understand it, NCL's contract with Haller expired somewhere around the end of the year and that's why a new set of menus was introduced...apparently to mixed reviews. In any case, if the Haller contract is kaput, there will be no more Presidents Dinners on NCL ships, as these are Haller's recipes.

I am also curious if they serve the chilled soups in the dining room during lunch. I am aware that they took these off the new dinner menus, but I do enjoy some of them. Do they still offer them even just a couple of times throughout the cruise at lunch?

Thanks again,

Bonnie

Judyf, thanks for the clarification on the chilled soups! I am sure I will get to enjoy one at least once!

Bonnie, on the Dawn, they had a chilled soup on the lunch menu in the Venetian everyday. No chilled soups at dinner so if you want 'em, you know when you gotta get 'em! I love chilled soups too! :)

Thanks! Do you recall the types of chilled soups? I remember on one cruise I enjoyed one with avocado.

Anyone else have the answer to my original question, about the 8th night's dinner on the Spirit? Thanks!!

The chilled soup with avocado had a second primary ingredient. I can't remember what it was, but I do remember the soup was really terrific. I guess I know where I'll be eating lunch now.

Maybe chilled soups are a "secret" we do want to pass along to others. If they're seen to be more popular then perhaps NCL will serve them more often. On our Dream cruise to Alaska, we shared a table with two other couples, none of whom wanted any part of the chilled soup on that day's menu. My wife and I ordered it, let everyone taste it, at which point everyone else proceeded to order one, and some even a second one for dessert.

Maybe I will put this on the comment card when I fill it out onboard! Bring back the chilled soups to the dinner menu! They are so refreshing, especially in that hot Caribbean weather in the summer! The avocado soup might have been mixed with melon, but I can't remember for sure. I just remember that it tasted so great! It would also be nice to have one of these sweeter soups for dessert. I have never done that or thought of it, but now I just might do that at lunch! ;)

The avocado soup might have been mixed with melon, but I can't remember for sure. I just remember that it tasted so great!

Maybe watermelon? It struck me as a strage combination, but you're right: it was really good.

Sometimes combinations which seem strange are the best combinations of flavors! It happens in desserts and sweets sometimes too. My sister makes these delicious homemade chocolate truffles. She does one kind with cayenne pepper, and it has a nice "kick" to it without being overpowering! Some people would say, "hot pepper and chocolate? No way!" But they taste amazing. She also marinates strawberries sometimes in Balsamic vinegar. This is also surprisingly amazing...the balsamic vinegar brings out the sweetness of the berries! So, you never know how 2 things will taste together. When most people I know think of avocado, they think either Mexican spices or sushi rolls. The soup was amazing though with the sweeter flavor!

Archived