Rogue wave article in Tomorrows times

smeyer418

yes its a link

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/11/science/11wave.html?hp&ex=1152590400&en=0f8de47ab00bd1bb&ei=5094&partner=homepage

I thought you might be interested. I am not sure if registration is required or not but its tomorrows times tonight(publication date is 7/11)//

Rogue waves are more common than previously thought...

Although I wondered when I read your title, can you forsee the future? You knew what will happen tomorrow!:D
LOL Karen...this is the biggest chuckle I've had in a while. I say this to my best friend who lives in Germany. Every time we talk I tell her not to tell me what's going to happen tomorrow. :D

yes its a link

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/11/science/11wave.html?hp&ex=1152590400&en=0f8de47ab00bd1bb&ei=5094&partner=homepage

I thought you might be interested. I am not sure if registration is required or not but its tomorrows times tonight(publication date is 7/11)//

Rogue waves are more common than previously thought...

YIKES:eek:

Thanks for posting....interesting read.

Of course it's reprinted information that's been around for a while. There's an archive of video (lectures) given at the college math level for those interested in discussion of such matters. No fear mongering, just the facts and lots of mathematics.

Cheers,

Norman

"It quickly became apparent that the big waves formed with some regularity in regions swept by powerful currents: the Agulhas off South Africa, the Kuroshio off Japan, and the Gulf Stream off the eastern United States, where the Norwegian Dawn got into trouble off Georgia. The Gulf Stream also flows through the Bermuda Triangle, famous for allegedly devouring large numbers of ships."[/Quote]

Of course we're all aware of the Dawn's encounter, but it would be great if they could come up with something dependable for forecasting and/or advance warnings.

Thanks for the post!

Archived