Looking for hard hot sweaty ......

treyct

We've never done an atlantis or RSVP cruise.....were just never sure if its a good thing to do as a "couple" ;) .....although please enlighten me if it is.

Not sure if others have had similar experiences, but I would like to point out that "straight" cruises can offer as many temptations and test points for gay couples as the all-gay cruises. There are the other guys or gals (single or in couples) of course, who may be feeling a bit lonely being so outnumbered. There are the crew, some of whom have made this a hobby, to find a couple each cruise. There are the straight couples where the wife/husband is smitten with you (one or both). There are the late teens, not yet out, but verrry curious. It can take a strong bond and a clear head to keep everything on an even keel, if you will pardon the pun. While I expect that the concentrated hormones of an all-gay cruise are particularly intense, they are by no means the only ones to present these issues to couples, not necessarily looking to partake.

Oh, we are Lawrence and Michael - together 12 wonderful years. Just off (well a few weeks ago) the new Crown Princess (before the list!) and looking forward to another RT New York on the Noordam in February '07! Can't wait, but have to "get through" two weeks on Mykonos in September (boo hoo!).

Not sure if others have had similar experiences, but I would like to point out that "straight" cruises can offer as many temptations and test points for gay couples as the all-gay cruises. There are the other guys or gals (single or in couples) of course, who may be feeling a bit lonely being so outnumbered. There are the crew, some of whom have made this a hobby, to find a couple each cruise. There are the straight couples where the wife/husband is smitten with you (one or both). There are the late teens, not yet out, but verrry curious. It can take a strong bond and a clear head to keep everything on an even keel, if you will pardon the pun. While I expect that the concentrated hormones of an all-gay cruise are particularly intense, they are by no means the only ones to present these issues to couples, not necessarily looking to partake.

Oh, we are Lawrence and Michael - together 12 wonderful years. Just off (well a few weeks ago) the new Crown Princess (before the list!) and looking forward to another RT New York on the Noordam in February '07! Can't wait, but have to "get through" two weeks on Mykonos in September (boo hoo!).

Well every steam room always offers unlimited options....;) imo anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop in and say HI!!!

My husband (Patrick) and I (Addam) just celebrated 7 years together this last June and will be on the Vision of the Seas for their Alasa Repositioning in Sept. (alas no answers to my Roll Call either :mad: )

Just off (well a few weeks ago) the new Crown Princess (before the list!)

Lawrence & Michael, which Crown sailing were you on? We were on the 070206 sailing (the one that skipped Grand Turk, immediately prior to the one that listed).

We are Stuart and John (as if our screen name didn't tell you all!). Now residing in Rochester, NY, though I am a native New Yorker -- Brooklyn, actually -- and lived there until we moved up here 4 years ago (what we do for love!).

As you can see from our signature, we've sailed about 17 times; been together just over 15 years.

There's nothing like a cruise, I say. Nothing at all.

Glad to see there's a thread here that is just a friendly "kaffeklatsch," and not just a roll call.

Anyone else get major tension headaches on the first night, just prior to dinner? ;)

Lawrence & Michael, which Crown sailing were you on? We were on the 070206 sailing (the one that skipped Grand Turk, immediately prior to the one that listed).

We are Stuart and John (as if our screen name didn't tell you all!). Now residing in Rochester, NY, though I am a native New Yorker -- Brooklyn, actually -- and lived there until we moved up here 4 years ago (what we do for love!).

As you can see from our signature, we've sailed about 17 times; been together just over 15 years.

There's nothing like a cruise, I say. Nothing at all.

Glad to see there's a thread here that is just a friendly "kaffeklatsch," and not just a roll call.

Anyone else get major tension headaches on the first night, just prior to dinner? ;)

Stuart and John:

We were on the cruise just before you, the 6/23 departure. We had absolutely NOTHING go wrong, no missed ports, no list, everything just perfect. Don't be too sad about missing Grand Turk, not a whole heck of a lot to do, in my estimation, unless you are a scuba fan. We just sat on the beach by the pier, which was lovely, clean and convenient (OK so I did go to the pool at Margaritaville for a while and watch the actics!)

What is stressful about first night? You sit with "strangers" is that it? We have always sat by ourselves. On the first night on the Crown we dined at the Crown Grill, a great meal and almost empty.

Looking forward to another sail out of NYC in February. So convenient to just hop in a cab!

Off to Asbury Park for some fun in the sun!

Cheers,

Michael and Lawrence

I was a little nervous the first night on our first cruise but our tablemates (all six of them) never showed up once during the whole cruise.

Our second cruise, we brought a whole table full of friends with us and it was great.

On our last cruise, we had a table for 8. They were two women travelling together who were lots of fun with us, as well as a family. Turned out, we ended up chatting with the family lots through the week and while I suspect that they were rather conservative, they were very friendly and outgoing toward us. My partner and the wife still send each other emails occasionally.

I was a little nervous the first night on our first cruise but our tablemates (all six of them) never showed up once during the whole cruise.

Our second cruise, we brought a whole table full of friends with us and it was great.

On our last cruise, we had a table for 8. They were two women travelling together who were lots of fun with us, as well as a family. Turned out, we ended up chatting with the family lots through the week and while I suspect that they were rather conservative, they were very friendly and outgoing toward us. My partner and the wife still send each other emails occasionally.

Oh, don't get me wrong, we've had some terrific tablemates, and still exchange holiday cards, e-mails, etc., with some of them. But that "fear of the unknown" has always given me a terrific tension headache, until the ice is broken.

You know once you take a look at some of the people on these cruises, sometimes you think "Oh, I wish they were at our table...they look so lovely." Or "Thank goodness they are NOT at my table!" And sometimes, the ones you think would be bears to get through dinner with can be the sweetest people. Just shows to go ya!

:D Hi! Partner (Terry), and I have been together for 16 years. We have been on 6 cruises together, and I have been on some more with some family members. All good experiences, no problems with table partners or fellow cruisiers, always well received.

We had never been to a FOD, because until I joined these boards a few days ago, we did not know that those FOD parties were related to our friend Dorothy. We thought it was some corporate lady or government official or something relating to cruise ships in general!

In any case, going on Freedom of the Seas on 10/08 with my mom and niece, and if there is a FOD party, I will attend! LOL.....

Hi! Partner (Terry), and I have been together for 16 years. We have been on 6 cruises together amd I have been on a few more by mysel. All have been good experiences with both table mates, and fellow cruisers.

We have never been to a FOD party, because until I joined these boards a few days ago, we did not know what they were! We thought they were about a government official or some corporate www thing or cruise line related.

I am going on Freedom of the Seas on October, and if there is a FOD party, I will go.

Hello all!

My partner, Patrick and I (Greg) just celebrated 6 years together and we have our 5th cruise planned for November. We are going to try the Pride of Hawaii with NCLA. We love sailing the caribbean and I know that seeing Hawaii in addition to being on a cruise will be wonderful.

We want to try the Freedom of the Seas after that.

Greg

Archived