Bottle Warmers?

daddy03

I think the steward would probably warm the bottle for you, but it might not be all that convenient. Usually when a baby needs a bottle, they need it right away, not ten minutes from now. So I'd think a bottle warmer might work better.

That said, I'd think most eight-month-old babies are old enough to go without warmed bottles. Maybe you can get the baby used to cool milk by then. Taking the advice of my doctor, years ago when my sons were little, I never warmed their bottles and they got along fine.

I would be concerned about the method of bottle warming. The latest recommendations are that bottles should not be microwaved. When we traveled with my son, we just used room temperature bottled water to make the formula.

I bought two bottle warmers (they have them at places like Wal-Mart and Babies R Us), one was electric and one ran on battery power. And let me tell you, I didn't use either one of them. The cold milk was fine...neither of my kids (who were infants at the time) minded it.

Bring a sand bucket. Fill it halfway with hot water. Put the bottle in the bucket of water to take the chill off. Then take the bucket to the beach and have fun!!

At eight months, your child will probably still be taking formula, rather than milk. When we traveled, we just mixed the powdered formula with room temperature water and.......voila!......happy baby. My son (now 14 months old) was just fine with that. Although, I will admit that he ONLY took warm bottles until he hit about 6 months old. That was inconvenient but we just traveled with our own bottle warmer.

At eight months, your child will probably still be taking formula, rather than milk. When we traveled, we just mixed the powdered formula with room temperature water and.......voila!......happy baby. My son (now 14 months old) was just fine with that. Although, I will admit that he ONLY took warm bottles until he hit about 6 months old. That was inconvenient but we just traveled with our own bottle warmer.

i was going to say the same. Take some bottled water (for your baby only) and just mix it (room temp)with formula. Also, if you want run it under hot water for a few minutes. or go for hot water and dunk it in there for a few minutes. your baby would be fine!

I did take a bottle warmer with me on our last cruise.... worked well in the cabin for that late night bottle. The rest of the time I just mixed powdered formula with the hot water from the spicket on the lido deck bufet area that has the real hot water for tea etc. and then added some ice to cool it down a bit. I got good at finding the right combo of water & ice by the second day :). I do agree that room temperature bottles would be much easier, if your child will take them, none of my kids ever would :)

Archived