Help- sea sick

Redalert

Hi- I love to cruise and I am trying to talk one of my good friends into goint with me. Problem is she gets sick easy! She went on a dinner cruise on a lake and barfed for 5 hours non stop. I thought the boat hardly moved- there was no way she can handle a cruise without some help.

If anyone has any similar experiences or helpful hints, I woudl be grateful. My email is radabaaj@bp.com

If she gets seasick on a short dinner cruise, I feel sorry for her on a full week cruise. Have her see her physician and get medication for her problem. Prescription meds, as opposed to over the counter meds like Bonine, are better for those who get easily queezy. She can also visit the medical center on the ship and get a shot to calm her sickness.

I get sick on small boats also. I was so sick one time whale watching. Cruise ships are a whole different story. They are so large you hardly feel movement. I get motion sickness very easily. I can't even float on a raft in my pool because I get seasick. When I go on a cruise, I wear those elastic wristbands they sell in most drug stores for about $8.00 and I have one bonine pill once a day and I am fine. Just take it the day before you cruise to let it work into your system. She should be fine with that.

Tell her not to let seasickness stop her from cruising because it stopped me for years till I decided to finally try it and now I can't stop.

Archived