Guaranteed Balcony Cabins on the NCL Spirit

hhsdc

This is my first time on a cruise and we booked a cruise in a hurry. Since we were so late booking we got a BD Balcony guaranteed, on the NCL Spirit to Alaska. My questions are, what is the difference between a BA, BB, BC, BD, BE and BF? Or is there one? Is a BD a better balcony room than say a BA? I guess I have this nightmare scenario of getting there and the only cabins left are the ones adjacent to the game room or the child care center or worse. How is the guaranteed cabin chosen? Is it a first come first served to determine how the guaranteed rooms are chosen? This is our first vacation in over two years and I would like this to be a positive expierence for my wife.

Thanks

You should be able to go to NCL's website and be able to find the specific differences between those types of cabins. If you click on fleet, your ship, ship facts, you'll see a layout of the ship. Click on a higher up deck and then click on any stateroom. You should then get a popup describing the different cabin types. I took a quick look and they don't have much difference in descriptions, if any. My guess would be that the deck you get will vary and possibly the square footages of the room and balcony. We did a guarantee once and ended up doing pretty well. I'm fairly sure it's decided prior to the sail date though and not on a first come/first serve basis or that might be a little complicated on their end.

I wouldn't worry about being too close to something where noise would be a factor. I remember being next to the kids activity area one time and never heard a thing.

Archived