Eze or St. Paul de Vence - which is the best for local crafts?

Please help! Anyone who has toured these 2 towns. We'll be on a private tour but would prefer to stop and shop at the town that has the best "variety" in authentic French arts and crafts (No T Shirts or other touristy stuff). Can you give us ideas of what can be bought in each city, please. Thanks

To be honest with you I think you will find them pretty much the same as afr as any selections go. I enjoy St.paul and I usually shop there when I am in the Nice area. I have bought a lot of handmade soaps,all my tablecloths,some great prints as well as other asundry items.In Eze I have bought my Carlton houses,and candies.I guess I would chose St.Paul,but others may have some more suggestions.Happy shopping..:)

I would probably say St. Paul. I am not a shopper when I go on excursions and so I wasn't really looking at the shops when we went to these two towns last year. I usually buy a calander and that is about all. Eze is very small and therefore wouldn't have as much variety as St. Paul. What struck me more about St. Paul were all the Art Galleries.

Have a great time they are both lovely towns.

Jennie

[quote name='3dogmom']Cberge,

What are Carlton houses?[/QUOTE]

Carlton houses are minatures of houses,and shops,etc. in France,and I have collected enough to make my own village now. I collect the ones made for Paris,and am working on a whole street.There is another line that is cheaper than Carlton and when pinched I buy those also so I have a mixed collection.If you are in France again you can find them in most shops that sell collectibles.When I need a France fix I just daydream that my house is located in the village...:)

Thanks everyone for your advice. St. Paul certainly seems to have come out tops. We can't wait to explore and shop there - hopefully we will have enough time to do so. Oh dear, you know what that will mean of course, if we don't have enough time we'll certainly have to return there!!!!!! :D

While in St Paul, try the chocolate shop. Delicious chocolates with traditional soft centres but also some with hints of violets, lavender... bought some today on a visit...

Archived