most important item to put in carry-on luggage

awsm-red

:) Been 4 years since I cruised, what is the most important item to carry on the boat in my luggage? I hear people taking swim suits..etc We fiqure we won't get our luggage for few hours. Miracle oct 1. Tampa port. You posters are the best!:D

When packing a carry-on bag:

Just imagine what if...

#1 You don't get your luggage until late at night or after dinner

or

#2 It gets lost and you don't get it until your first port.

Both of these happen on occasion, so I always think what would be important that I NEED and could get by with temporarily.

CJW

I always carry pre packaged cheese and crackers. Just in case a first timer with thier small children are waiting and the kiddies are cranky because they are getting hungry. Would much rather hear them munching then whinning.....lol We have only failed to need them 2 out of 7 times :)

1. A change of clothes for dinner;

2. Prescription meds;

3. All travel documents including airlines, passports, cruise docs;

4. Money, credit cards (I prefer to keep those in my purse rather than a bag);

5. Jewelry, cameras, anything valuable;

6. Basically anything you can't easily replace or can't do without before your luggage arrives.

Change of underwear!!!

T shirt and shorts

Swimsuit

Any and all prescription and necessary over the counter medication

Contact lens stuff and glasses

My makeup goes with me...just in case...I don't want to have to try to buy it in port...good luck on that with my allergies

My camera and any jewelry (I only carry fake on trips)

I packed very stupidly for a land-based vacation several years ago. The carry-on had toys and other travel essentials for my then 3 year old, and not a whole lot more. One checked suitcase had most of our clothes, the other had a few things for my DH and DD, and my socks. Guess which suitcase got lost? We ended up in California with one change of clothes for DH and DD, and a whole lot of socks for me. The suitcase did finally show up--six weeks later! I now distribute clothes evenly and everyone carries a change of clothes in their carry-on (and the now 15 yo DD is happy with just an Ipod, not a whole suitcase of toys!).

On our cruise bathing suit wasnt necesary, pool was drained the first day. In my opinion take as little as possible, just necessities, and something for the first dinner. If you wanna tote it though take whatever you like but might as well leave the bathing suit in ur check in luggage

Our carry-on consists on my suit, DW's makeup and contacts.

Our luggae has always been in our room before we sail. I have never had luggage get lost flying either. DW had her luggage lost in 1987 on her senior trip.

Now you guys have me paranoid! :eek:

One thing that I wished I had in my carry on was a change of shoes. I came from a cooler climate and had on suede mocasins and by the time I got on the ship in Miami and was walking around my feet were soooooooooo hot and swollen.

Other items:

Mini toiletries...soap, toothpaste toothbrush, deodorant, etc.

Change of clothes for the warmer climate and for dinner just in case you luggage is not in your room b4 dinner

Underwear

Camera

Swimsuit, note that on some ships the pool is drained

Medicine

Travel documents

:) Been 4 years since I cruised, what is the most important item to carry on the boat in my luggage? I hear people taking swim suits..etc We fiqure we won't get our luggage for few hours. Miracle oct 1. Tampa port. You posters are the best!:D

Extra pair of glasses

Meds

12 pack of Winn Dixie's Diet Chek Cream Soda (I hate Coke):(

Docs/Passport/CC

good one..I never leave home with out advil/aleve or rx's:)
Hey awsm red........we are trying to catch you to have you come over and join the roll call for 10-1-06...........we have a great group going so far and you need to be there!! Check the link in my signature....it's for a Miracle 10-1-06 sailing , my wife and I built it and everyone from the roll call stops by

Archived