How close is ferry to cruise dock?

danixbanani

Hi all!

I'm traveling to St. Thomas for the first time EVER on the Crown Princess (in a week! Yay!) and I have a question. I'm planning on doing my own thing in St. Thomas by taking the ferry over to St. John. I'm wondering though, how close is the ferry to the cruise port? I believe the Crown docks in Charlotte Amalie and I want to plan my time there accordingly. Any insight?

Thanks!

Danielle :o

It depends on where your ship is docked. If it's docked at Havensight, you have two choices:

• Take the ferry from Charlottle Amalie. It doesn't run as frequently as the one from Red Hook does but is very close to Havensight. But it has two slight drawbacks: it does not run as frequently as the ferry from Red Hook does and the crossing can get a little rough. If I remember correctly, you may even be able to walk to this ferry. This ferry crossing takes about 40-45 minutes.

- or -

• Take the ferry from Red Hook. Red Hook is about a 20-25 minute cab ride from Havensight. St. John is about a 15 minute crossing from Red Hook. This ferry crossing can get a little rough too, but it doesn't last as long.

If your ship is docked at Crown Bay, you have the same choices, but you'll need to use a cab in each instance because it's further from these ferries than Havensight is. I'm not sure of the travel times because I've never been to Crown Bay.

Archived