Another Odd Question

DukeFamily

Still in the decision making process here. Thank you for your help here and in my "First Cruise to Bermuda?" thread.

Since you're in one port and docked for.....what?......two days?......do you find that you don't eat as many of the meals you've already paid for? I mean, if I'm site seeing or snorkeling or whatever you do, wouldn't it be somewhat inconvenient to go back to the ship for lunch, then strike out again for the afternoon, coming back to the ship to get ready for dinner?? Just curious if you find that lots of people have lunch and/or dinner on the island. I wouldn't really WANT to do that since all my meals are already paid for on the ship.

Just curious!

Acrually most(not all) come back and eat on the ship and work around a morning off and then back to the ship and then an afternoon some where else and then back to the ship. This is frankly easiest on NCL and its freestyle dining but you can do it on any ship(eating at the buffet). NCL also allows you to eat one meal off the ship for a nominal amount. Bermuda is an expensive island for food anyway. and not an odd question at all.

Would have to agree. You are docked right in the towns. Getting on and off the ship is painless. Just have your seapass card!..We ate all our meals on the ship, they are paid for soo why not:D

Everything is close enough to allow for planning to get back to the ship for meals. What my husband and I usually do is hit the beach or go on a shore excursion in the morning, return to clean up, change clothes, get lunch ,and then head back out to do whatever until dinner. As fabulous as the meals are on celebrity, I hate missing any of them!

That's the way to do it. Split your excursions up to morning and afternoon with coming back to the ship for meals. The trickier part is to watch out for excursions that last a longer time and might start ealier or are located further away. For instance, if you are docked in Hamilton and are planning on swimming with dolphins at Dolphin Quest, located at the Dockyards, it will take a half hour by water taxi. If your reservation is at 1 PM you would have to leave the ship by at least noon so this might affect your lunch schedule. Preparing your itinerary ahead of time is very important.

Archived