will we be sorry?

Hey!

We're booked to FINALLY go on our first cruise on April 9-14 2007 on the Enchantment. I work at a school and this is our Spring/Easter break. We have a daughter who is 12. She also has Down Syndrome, but that's sort of beside the point,it's just there.

The question is, are we NUTS to go at this time?

Hey!

We're booked to FINALLY go on our first cruise on April 9-14 2007 on the Enchantment. I work at a school and this is our Spring/Easter break. We have a daughter who is 12. She also has Down Syndrome, but that's sort of beside the point,it's just there.

No, I don't think you're nuts, I think you're going to have a great time! Some people get hung up that there are lots of children on a cruise ship during times like Easter break. The truth of the matter is that most of the children like going to the children's activities that are run by the ship's kids counselors. It's rare to see swarms of them...even the teens have their own place to hang out. Honestly, the only time I really see them is at dinner and by the pools. I've found most to be well behaved and, while there is always one or two unruly children, it's unfair to put them all in this category.

Don't think twice about it! You've made a great decision to try cruising and, it's a good chance you'll get hooked like the rest of us on the board!

Enjoy yourself!

Nick

Hey!

Personally, I wouldn't go during spring break, unless I had a chance. ;) I don't particularly like kids and my wife taught headstart for 28 years, so she is not overly fond of them either, but there is no bad time to cruise. If I have prime rib, mahi mahi, tiger shrimp and lobster, I'm happy. A few kids running around doesn't curb the appetite.

Its not the kids that i worry about, it's the college students on spring break who think the ships are their own personal party house.

Most colleges don't usually have their spring break that week; they have theirs in March. I also have to cruise during Spring Break. I do not remember having never seen any college kids.

I love cruising at this time of the year because the water is so nice and warm and the temperatures are wonderful!

Wishingtocruise - Have fun planning for your first cruise, and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Archived