Freedom Meets Expectations

Eric: Thanks so much for your great review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed her - she is certainly a gorgeous ship.

My husband and I will be sailing her 15 months from today - we can't wait either.

Happy Sailing ALL!!

event.png:)

I saw you post in another thread that if you go to a specialty restuarant, pick surf night. Was surf night bad , or why do you say that? Just trying to figure out what night to do chops or portofino.

Thanks,

Sue

Out of all the nights Surf night was the one with the least appealing menu. It could be personal preference but if I had to choose a night to skip in the dining room it would be that night. It was the first time on a ship that I had troubles finding something I might enjoy.

All the other nights the food was great though.

1. I agee the "get out there" shop's gotta go.

2. Lobster night was Fri and the last night (Sat) was Salmon, Turkey etc...

3. I also agree they pretty much had crowd control handled except one morning @ windjammer and in the line tendering to Labadee took literally 35minutes:eek: (guess everyone wanted to go at the same time).

4. I found Ken Rush to be just fine. Maybe it was because he was leaving for his 10wk vacation.

5. Quest was funny but, I hate it when a lot of the ppl already know what to bring and it really doesn't give the rest of the ppl a chance.

6. We had cabins next to my in-laws and I thought it was great the way the sliders open to make a extra large balcony.

7. We went to portofino's on the second formal night (Thurs) we wanted to dress up for portofino's so this way we only had to dress up twice.

8. Looking for photos in the photo shop was pretty easy. Maybe because there was often 3-4 of us looking...It turned out to be kind of a game...(who could find them first).

9. Don't miss out going to the Bolero's bar (I think thats the name) the bartender there is sooooo much fun (now what was his name..??/Antonio...no that's not it, but if you've been you know what I'm talking about) and he makes a mean Mojito too;)

10. Ice skating show was great !!!

11. Love and marriage show was soooo funny...my teenagers were cracking up listening to the elderly couples answers...

12. Bingo was.......well Bingo. We, as usual were two numbers away from the "big one":( oh well, maybe next time.

13. I didn't notice any wild n crazy teens running all over the place.

14. Despite fx ribs in Labadee on the waverunner we had a fantastic time.

I saw you post in another thread that if you go to a specialty restuarant, pick surf night. Was surf night bad , or why do you say that? Just trying to figure out what night to do chops or portofino.

Thanks,

Sue

We were on FOS the week of June 18 and we discovered that its a tough choice to make.

We went to Chops on surf night based on the fact that surf night has taken over for caribbean night, and since we feel that the caribbean menu is so-so, we thought surf night would rank the same. As it turned out, after seeing the menu for that night, we wished we had chosen another night. We still went to Chops that night...which was GREAT...but if we ever do it again, we will consider a different night.

So as Eric says, its a matter of personal preference.

Btw...I don't remember which night has spinach-artichoke dip as an appetizer, but that sticks out in my mind as one of the best spinach-artichoke dips I've ever had.

I can't wait to get on that ship !

And Liberty, how did you fracture your ribs on the jet skis? We have signed up lol..and I am leary since i just had my knee scoped a few months ago !

Are chops and portofino also formal on formal night?

Thanks !

Sue

I can't wait to get on that ship !

And Liberty, how did you fracture your ribs on the jet skis? We have signed up lol..and I am leary since i just had my knee scoped a few months ago !

Are chops and portofino also formal on formal night?

Thanks !

Sue

I'm not a newbie to waverunners, but with this excursion in Labadee it's kinda like "follow the leader" meaning the leader "our tour guide" goes first (at FULL SPEED) and everyone (10 of us) follow behind and another "tour person" brings up the end. The water that day was extremly rough and we had the newest waverunners (the blue ones) I just turned ever so slightly and BAM! off I went. Not sure where I landed, but whatever I fx the rib.:( ...It's been 8 days and its improving slowly. I don't blame the excursion, just the circumstances.....

Sorry to hear that ! I have rode them a "few " times, so I hope it's calm that day lol. If it looks too dangerous for me, I may have to back out and forfiet my money. (ie rough seas)

The money won't be worth messing my knee up again lol.

Sorry to hear that ! I have rode them a "few " times, so I hope it's calm that day lol. If it looks too dangerous for me, I may have to back out and forfiet my money. (ie rough seas)

The money won't be worth messing my knee up again lol.

Unfortunately, we didn't realize the waters were soooooo rough until we really got to the first stop and everyone was saying..."WOW".....what's up? Everything is sooo rough..some ppl said they lost their contacts and sunglasses...etc.....tooooo late to turn back:eek: ..Great excursion just ck the weather ie: wind!!!

I maybe in the minority as well but Ken Rush was a pretty cool guy...funny too! And the Bingo caller...Abe was funny too...I miss Freedom O/T Seas. That was really something to cherish every moment of...spending time on the ship. I would love to go back again.

Archived