Chase Suites to Port of Tampa

MikeNKim

Kim:

Not sure about the taxi, but Chase Suites is about 15-20 minutes from the port, depending on traffic. When we were there we asked for the shuttle to get us to the port at 11:00 a.m. and there wasn't a problem. I've found that the best time to get there in Tampa is between 11:00 - 11:30. Unless the previous cruise is late getting in you should be on board between 12:30 - 1:00.

Darcy

Yes they did. We are paying $190 for a 2 bed suite...there are 6 of us. That includes pick up at the airport, shuttle to the port and breakfast I believe. 1-877-433-9644

I booked it off recommendations from these boards

Kim

I'm a first time cruiser so take my advise with a grain of salt.......

I found a comfort inn near the airport that offers airport transfers for about $70. The taxi ride, ( I called the taxi company myself) is about $20 for my family of 4 and our luggage. They told me that the cars are all crown vics and as long as we could all fit in the car and our luggage fit in the trunk it would be $20 for the ride from the hotel to the port. I think that's a deal. But again, I don't live in Tampa, haven't visited Tampa for over 10 years and am a first time cruiser so take the information or not. This is what we're doing for our cruise on the Inspiration September 30.

There is a great thread on the Pre- cruise hotel section of these boards about Hotels in Tampa. A fellow named Ken lives there and is wonderful about helping us visitors.

The airport is 8 miles from the port. $20 -25 one way for a taxi

We are flying in 2 days ahead (free air tickets...so we have to go when they say go) and are staying at the new Embassy Suites - Convention Center ( free rooms with points both nights) there at Channelside Drive. I think Embassy runs about $179.00 for that time of year.

Give Ken a shout on the other section if you still have questions.

Kim,

My group stayed at Chase Suites a couple of weeks ago. We had 3 - 2 bedroom suites booked.

Took the shuttle at 11:00 and were at the port by 11:20. Ended up on board and in our cabins dropping off carry-ons by 11:45. After the cruise --- I called to tell them we were ready to be picked up when we were in the terminal picking up our luggage. By the time we collected our last bag and crossed the street to the Parking Garage (they pick you up right inside) we only waited about 5 minutes before they were pulling in to pick us up.

Thanks for your reply on the Chase Suites. Did anyone in your group sleep on the sofa bed? How was the breakfast in the morning -- much or little to choose from?

Did you like the Inspiration? We are going on the Inspiration on 12/4/06. This will be our second cruise. First one was the Celebration on 4/3/06.

Any ideas/things I should know or do on the Inspiration?

Thanks.

DeBeCruiser

4/3/06 First Cruise - Celebration

12/4/06 Bingo Winner Cruise -- Inspiration

DeBe,

We have decided that if we sail from Tampa again, we will definitely stay at the Chase Suites.

Sleeper Sofa -- Yes, in two of our suites we had people (adults) sleep on the sleeper sofa. No one complained about not being able to sleep comfortably and we didn't have to resort to throwing the mattress on the floor in order to sleep on it. ;)

Breakfast --- The breakfast had your typical cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, waffles, etc.... Plenty of food and replenished frequently. They have an adequate area for eating.

As you can see by my signature, I've sailed on several different Carnival ships. The Inspiration was a great ship and I would sail on her again. I absolutely loved the CD - Risa. She does a fantastic job. Good at punting when things don't quite work out as scheduled.

Archived