Newbie - I don't want to be a Chair Hog!

rcknrbn

Go easy, I'm a newbie and we have our first Carnival cruise on the Holiday, departing on 7/22.

Question - I've been reading about Chair Hogs. Is there a shortage of deck chairs and space?

Our group of 4 adults would like to be able to lounge around together and catch some sun. We don't have to be next to the pool but we will have a couple of 12 year olds with us.

What is the best deck for lounging around that you don't have to stake out at 9am?

Don't worry, you won't be a chair hog if you hve one ounce of common courtesy.

Just go out on deck when you are ready. This is vacation, and why rush or get up earlier than you want to?

There is NEVER a shortage of deck chairs. The problem comes with the people who have to sit near the pool (within sight of it.) There are activities, a band, and other shenanigans happening there, and the folks who have to be in the center of the action are going to want a seat right there.

If you are one of those, then if you get there too late you may not get a choice seat. Some folks remedy this by putting some property on chair as soon as they get up to "save" it for them. I applaud the people who mess these folks up, but I just go to a quieter section of deck, grab a chair and relax. I hope you will too.

:D The folks who 'stake out their chairs' ARE the chair hogs.

There is no shortage of loungers. Lots of folks seem to want to be right at the main pool. Why, I don't know. It's very crowded, the chairs are almost touching each other. Would be 'way too close for comfort for me.

I find loungers in other areas. The Holiday has plenty on a back deck, which also has a bar, where you can get plenty of sun, and is much roomier, as the loungers aren't abutting each other. Just look around. There's also the second level overlooking the pool with plenty of places to lounge. Don't worry, you'll find plenty of sunning space.:)

The further away from the pool the more room and open chairs you can find.

What ship will you be on?

On the valor there was a whole deck behind the basketball court opposite from the F-deck that sat empty the whole time.:confused:

You will NOT be a chair hog if ... you simply use chairs when you want to be out, and let someone else use them when you are done. Unfortunately, a couple of people feel the dog-like need to mark their territory, resulting in other people fearing that they will not be able to get a chair, thus resulting in more chair hogging. It's a vicious cycle .... ;)

Don't know if this applies to the Holiday, but on the Miracle we grabbed chairs in the last row, closest to the doors going into the interior. Whenever someone came in to the pool area, or went out, we received a nice rush of air conditioned air. Very, very nice in the hot sun... so nice in fact I stayed an hour or two after my wife left to do something else and had a few too many. Made the next morning in George Town (at about 7:30 or so when nothing was open and hotter and more humid than hell) waiting for our excursion at 9 a real blast:rolleyes:

What ship will you be on?

She said she'll be on the Holiday.

Actually, I'm a he.

Cotton, I saw another post where someone referred to you as a 'he'. Now we're even! LOL!

Sounds like we will try to stay away from the immediate pool area. Thanks for the input.

If you don't care about whether you're sitting next to the pool or not, there shouldn't be a problem finding chairs. I have yet to encounter a "chair hog" after 3 cruises (but this may be because I don't care where I sit, I just want a seat to eat lunch in).

Archived