Deck 10 on Dawn

Dario M

Is deck ten on the dawn really scummy after the rouge wave or did they do a good job cleaning and refurnishing it, ive noticed that some of the better rooms are on lower decks and i was wondering id this was becasue the 10th deck is moldy from the accident

This cabin was basically the epicenter of the indicent meaning the point where the water started to enter.

I only found evidence of this because I know what to look for, most folks would never notice. And remember this is the "ground zero" point of the event.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. One day when I finish the blog in my sig (that's another story haha) I'll add some pix and information about this. :)

Scummy? LOL I doubt it was scummy the day it happened. Then again some people have differing definitions of the word. :eek:

WE stayed on Deck 10 Starboard midships before the wave and the deck and cabin was very clean

We stayed on Deck 10 Starboard closer to the aft after the wave and the Deck was still clean and very nice and no mold smells or water marks

Hi there

we were on Deck 9 - Forward of the ship right below where the wave hd the most impact - couldn't tell at all - we talked to the others that were above us (where it hit) and they said they didn't even know about the wave. So it is all ok.

The ship is well run and we met and dined with the Executive Housekeeper. She was amazing an ran a tight ship (pun intended)

Have fun!

Is deck ten on the dawn really scummy after the rouge wave or did they do a good job cleaning and refurnishing it, ive noticed that some of the better rooms are on lower decks and i was wondering id this was becasue the 10th deck is moldy from the accident

;) we stayed in 10508 and had no problem at all and I am allergic to mold.....you may see some water spots in the carpeting in the hall ways or near the elevators but that's about it and you have to look to see it since the carpet looks like water and sea life

Here's what we found:

door-corrosion.jpg

door-corrosion1.jpg

door-corrosion2.jpg

Certainly not the end of the world considering what happened. There were no discernable smells and mold spore counts were not elevated in the area at all.

Of course none of the bad things that are noticed on any cruise can spoil the good so it's always better to end on a good note and see something we truly enjoy. :)

naslight14j.jpg

Where in heaven's name was that 1st photo taken? Was that taken this summer in your cabin or is that photo a joke? If that was found this summer I would have sent that photo to NCL with major complaints. I can't believe that was found on the Dawn and ignored by the staff.

Where in heaven's name was that 1st photo taken? Was that taken this summer in your cabin or is that photo a joke? If that was found this summer I would have sent that photo to NCL with major complaints. I can't believe that was found on the Dawn and ignored by the staff.

Not a joke, it's the inside door on cabin 9502. I can verify the exact time it was taken as we document everything including crossing our t's and dotting our i's. ;)

NOTE: When I say inside door, I'm referring to the INNER door that leads to the balcony which has a water tight door or hatch behind it.

I can't believe that was the condition inside a Penthouse suite. That really warrants a complaint. For the prices charged for that catagory cabin, that condition is unacceptable.

Well it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I noticed it, my wife noticed it and said something and we laughed. I don't know, to me it doesn't warrant a complaint. The shower worked and the bed was comfy so what more is there to ask for? :D

I mean really what are they going to do? It's not like a lightbulb that's out or water dripping from the ceiling. This is the kind of thing that gets taken care of during a drydock/refurb operation. The door is pretty much toast at the bottom (rusted out). I'll leave the rest of this discussion reserved for my blog.

What a great picture!! Where was it taken?

From the balcony of 9502. If you look in the lower right hand corner of the shot, that square thing is the foredeck radar antenna.

This was Wednesday evening, the 14th looking towards the northwest from our docking at Nassau. The humidity was in the 90's and the haze made the sun glow fiery red.

The sunset on the last evening (exactly four weeks ago to this date) was outstanding. I have shots of the sun going all the way down. I was hoping to see a green flash at this point as conditions were conducive to such phenomenon (example)

GreenFlash-0511.jpg

But it didn't happen. It was very nice nonetheless. :)

And yes, that is not a typo nor is the picture showing a photographic anomaly! They are well known. (info)

http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/

Not a joke, it's the inside door on cabin 9502. I can verify the exact time it was taken as we document everything including crossing our t's and dotting our i's. ;)

NOTE: When I say inside door, I'm referring to the INNER door that leads to the balcony which has a water tight door or hatch behind it.

:p yuck !!! man that is gross.........with all the them men stripping, sanding, varnishing and painting I am surprised at that first picture...our room was mostly all wood trim..

;) we stayed in 10508 and had no problem at all and I am allergic to mold.....you may see some water spots in the carpeting in the hall ways or near the elevators but that's about it and you have to look to see it since the carpet looks like water and sea life

What do you know...ill be in your cabin

:p yuck !!! man that is gross.........with all the them men stripping, sanding, varnishing and painting I am surprised at that first picture...our room was mostly all wood trim..

You have to remember those are easily accessible public areas. Would you want someone coming into your living space and using varnish? The fumes would make 98% of the people complain, myself included. Well that could depend on what kind of varnish it is. :D

Take this example:

8556rail.jpg

Here we see a railing in need of finish work. Not easily done on a vessel in service. This view is from the water side looking toward a hulled balcony on cabin 8556. (Where we'll be in November)

A hulled (sometimes called framed) balcony is one that's offset inside the ship:

8556alt1.jpg

The arrow is pointing to cabin 8556. That's what a hulled balcony looks like from outside the ship.

;) I promise I left it nice and tidy and didn't leave no stains on not one single thing lol....nice room with a hulled balcony :)

Im glad you left it in gerat condition.....only im not in your room im in 10580 hahaha those numbers really mess with your head my bad

Im glad you left it in gerat condition.....only im not in your room im in 10580 hahaha those numbers really mess with your head my bad

:D just remember you room once your on the ship :p nothing worse than trying to get in a room that's NOT yours, lol...have FUN !!!

Archived