cancelled comfort inn in ft lauderdale

ronl

I just cancelled comfort in hollywood because of bad reviews that this board said about this place went to La Quinta in hollywood just down the street from this place.a little bit higher but well worth it.

If that's the Comfort Inn on Stirling, then you made a very wise move. Most of the time I can put up with most rooms so long as they're clean and reasonably safe. This one was neither. I've slept in several Motel 6's through the years, A few Super 8's, some Howard Johnson's, several other Choice Hotels (Econo Lodge, Quality Inn et...) and I don't believe I've ever had a worse hotel room than that Comfort Inn on Stirling.

In fact the two worst rooms we've ever had have been Comfort Inn's in FL. The one on Stirling in FLL and another one on Key West. The one on Key West was at least a clean room but the beds were very old and hard as a rock and the door had close to one inch of clearance between it and the floor. Allowing all sorts of bugs access to the room. But, it was clean and the locks on the door did work. The one in FLL was dirty, unsafe, had staff that couldn't have cared less, served a breakfast unfit for the roaches we had in our room, had no hot water and had mold growing on the walls. It just wasn't a nice place to stay and they didn't care about your complaints. For that matter, neither did Choice Hotels their parent company.

We stayed at La Quinta last April. You made a very good choice! They have clean and cheery rooms. Ours had a nice view of the pool. They are within walking distance to several restaurant, provide a nice complimentary breakfast and shuttle to the port, and also have complimentary parking for the length of your cruise. We got fantastic rates through priceline... but that was last year, and pricelines inventory seems to have changed.

Also, the staff was super friendly and helpful.

I would easily stay there again (and would recommend it to friends and family ;) )

Have fun!

A~

Archived