Booking for Jan-Mar in 2008 to NZ

S&B

Have any CCers started looking into the Princess Sapphire in 2008 going to NZ? We are going on the Tahitian Princess in August of this year and are thinking about looking into the Sapphire in February 2008. I would be interested in knowing what you have found. I don't think it is too early but maybe I am dreaming too much!

Thanks.

I'ts never too early :)

We're booked on the Sapphire Sydney - Los Angeles 14 April 2008. Booked early June, as soon as the cruise was released in the US, and now the mini-suites are wait-list only.

The Princess web site has details of the 12 day Sydney - Auckland cruises, I would suggest you have a look & consider booking early, particularly if you have a specific cabin in mind. I haven't seen any Aussie TAs advertising these cruises yet, but Princess Australia were able to quote a price a few weeks ago.

All the best

Hilary

Have any CCers started looking into the Princess Sapphire in 2008 going to NZ? We are going on the Tahitian Princess in August of this year and are thinking about looking into the Sapphire in February 2008. I would be interested in knowing what you have found. I don't think it is too early but maybe I am dreaming too much!

Thanks.

Yes, you should get in early. The down under cruise itineraries are VERY popular and likely to get even more so as other parts of the world become less attractive for safety reasons. There are a limited number of cruises and they good booked out very quickly. When you make a choice let us know and if you then need any local advice we will be pleased to help. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

We're just starting to look at this and want to add the land tour in Australia...has anyone done this? Approximately how much for complete land/cruise tour?

Our agent is telling us to book now....

We're just starting to look at this and want to add the land tour in Australia...has anyone done this? Approximately how much for complete land/cruise tour?

Our agent is telling us to book now....

You need not be limited to the land tour options offered by the cruise line. There are a lot of other operators who can offer land tours through AUS, just check out the web sites or try your local TA, could even work out cheaper. We just came back from a 2 week trip in Queensland which was a miixture of camping van and hotel on a DIY basis, easy to organise.

Regards Ian [Tauranga] NZ

We have a group of ten going on the Sapphire in Jan 2007. There are a lot of good choices for private tours if you do a little research and use some of the solid tour companies on the CC board. We have had great service so far from Mount Classics for our Taurunga port of call and we are looking forward to a great land tour of the area. I believe you will have much more flexibility, get a higher quality experience, and save $$'s by booking with local tour companies. Cheers.

We are taking the Sapphire Princess from Sydney to Los Angeles starting April 2007. We booked it over one year in advance and it was sold out already, at least for the category we wanted .. a suite. Finally we got what we wanted and booked it. So it is never too early to start especially if you want a suite and a popular destination.

We are taking the Sapphire Princess from Sydney to Los Angeles starting April 2007. We booked it over one year in advance and it was sold out already, at least for the category we wanted .. a suite. Finally we got what we wanted and booked it. So it is never too early to start especially if you want a suite and a popular destination.

These NZ/AUS cruises certainly seem very popular at the moment, i wonder if that has anything to do with all the troubles in other parts of the world.

Regards Ian [Tauranga ] NZ

We tried to book this cruise in Feb 2006 (1st cruise ever) only to find out they were all sold out apart from inside cabins. We wanted a balcony and very nievely presumed because we were booking over 12 months in advance, there would be no problem. How wrong we were. I just did not realise how popular cruising had become. So we made the decision to book on the 04/14/08 cruise as soon as it became available. I checked the Princess website on a daily basis, and the day the cruise was released, we booked it.:D Funnily enough the AUS website has not even got the itinerary up yet.

Yes, you need to get in quick for these down under cruises, you have now got heaps of time to look forward to the trip and start planning. Shore excursions do not normally get posted straight away on the Priincess web site, so that bit will have to wait. Regards Ian [Tauranga] NZ

I have been reading this thread and all the advice regarding early booking seems to be correct.

We just booked the Auckland/Sydney voyage on Celebrity's Mercury -- 12/9 to 12/23, 2007. At 16 months out we got the last Sky Suite available from Celebrity. (I'm sure there are still blocks of cabins that TA's have booked up but I wanted to book directly with the cruise line for this one.) Of course, some of those will surely be released when final payment is due.

Kiwi Ian -- we will definitely be contacting you regarding tours in the Tauranga vicinity. My in-laws will be travelling from Ensenada to Sydney and we will be joining them in Auckland. A long time away, but as you said it gives us lots of time to plan!

I have been reading this thread and all the advice regarding early booking seems to be correct.

We just booked the Auckland/Sydney voyage on Celebrity's Mercury -- 12/9 to 12/23, 2007. At 16 months out we got the last Sky Suite available from Celebrity. (I'm sure there are still blocks of cabins that TA's have booked up but I wanted to book directly with the cruise line for this one.) Of course, some of those will surely be released when final payment is due.

Kiwi Ian -- we will definitely be contacting you regarding tours in the Tauranga vicinity. My in-laws will be travelling from Ensenada to Sydney and we will be joining them in Auckland. A long time away, but as you said it gives us lots of time to plan!

Be pleased to assist in any way, looking forward to hearing from you closer to the cruise. Regards Ian.

Archived