Question for past Crown passengers re: getting to airport on time

jdaa

I just got off the phone with a Brooklyn limo company who was not wanting to do a pickup at Red Hook. He said they were spending over and hour in traffic just trying to get in the terminal.

My question is: how difficult is it getting to the airport without pre-arranged transportation? (There will be 4 of us, and lots of luggage, so I'm not sure we'll all fit in a taxi.)

I'm sure it would be easier getting out of Red Hook if we did the self-disembark, but I'd rather not due to the lots of luggage. (We're spending several days in NYC pre-cruise, that's my excuse for the luggage.)

We have a 12:45 flight out of LGA.

Thanks!

I would arrange something if I were you.

Try this company - my family and I use them when we go to the airport - they are recommended by a few hotels (garden city hotel, wingate, etc).

http://www.carizmatransportation.com/

Am I correct in that they go from Long Island into the city? My DH and I are contemplating doing something like this so we don't have to deal with packing my parents, 2 kids, us and luggage in their Honda Accord (lol). Are their prices reasonable? I hate to call just yet since we still have a year to go. Thanks for posting this information.

They are a regular car service - they have town cars (nice ones), limos, shuttle buses - I would call them - not do it online - I think there is a 1800 number and just talk to them and see what they charge and what they can arrange.

We use them when we have very early morning flights out of JFK and I don't want to ask family to drop us off at that hour. My parents have used them too.

When we got married we used them for shuttling our guests after our wedding back to their hotels.

They are reliable and have clean cars - at least that has been our experience - the top hotel on LI recommends them.

I have no idea what they would charge to go from the pier to the city - but it never hurts to call and ask.

Archived