Princess Cays Cabanas

newnccruiser

Princess Cays has what they call cabanas. Actually they are tent like covers that cover up the back portion of the chair down to the ground, like a half circle. The material they are made of doesn't allow any air to flow, so they can get hot. We had 2 on our last visit and even though we enjoyed them, we won't spend the money again. There are plenty of lungers under palm trees for us.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cabana side of Princess Cays isnt as nice as the "non cabana" side. I felt the water on the cabana side was a little dirty looking. However on the non cabana side I feel that water shoes are a must if going into the water. This is because the bottom is very rocky and there is coral. So cutting your feet can be easy. If you really want to relax in a cabana may I suggest doing this: Rent a cabana, but first head over to the non-cabana side to eat and swim. Once you have had enough of the sun, head over to the cabana side and relax in your cabana. Renting a cabana is cheap, I think it was only like $10. Make sure you book it before your trip though.

My DW and I booked a cabana through the Princess web site for $19 because I am fair skinned and have had 2 episodes of basal skin cancer. However, after reading the CC message boards, people who have rented them have complained how hot they get because of the thick canvas material. They have said that there are lots of shaded areas around the beaches, so we cancelled the cabana and will try to secure a shaded spot.

Archived