Canopy Tour at Adventure Park?

sharks48

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done this? It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'd like to hear from someone who's done it. Thanks!

We did this in May....it was great!!! More challenging than I thought. There are around 20 lines from tree to tree with different lines and obstacles to walk across...along with several ziplines. I think their website shows pictures. I would recommend this to people who are at least "somewhat" fit and be sure to wear tennis shoes with support. We did the river tubing afterwards....that was fun too!

Thank you, Immn - I appreciate your reply. I did see their website and that's what got me really interested. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be in port long enough to do this. We did river tubing in Jamaica and had a blast [even me, the biggest "chicken" there is!].

We did a zipline tour and a tubing tour in Belize last year and they were great. I am taking the kids on the Destiny in the spring and we will be hitting Dominica. What website are you guys talking about? This sounds like something our family would like to do.

Thanks!

Rigger

Website is Wacky Rollers dot com. But the information is rather skimpy. I know I saw more info on SOME website [how long, price, etc] but now I can't remember what it was. Sorry! Maybe the poster above who has actually done this can help.

• 2 weeks later...
We did a zipline tour and a tubing tour in Belize last year and they were great. I am taking the kids on the Destiny in the spring and we will be hitting Dominica. What website are you guys talking about? This sounds like something our family would like to do.

Thanks!

Rigger

For more info contact westcoasttaxi@hotmail.com. It was $60 pp for tubing and $60 pp for adventure park with 10% discount if you do both. We were also on the Destiny and had plenty of time to do both. The adult park was challenging and fun...even if you're fit. I was with my teenager, and we loved both tubing and the adventure park.

• 3 weeks later...

dsnygirl - I'd love to hear your comments about this trip when you get back, if you have time to post!

My concern is that we're only in port until 3:30. So, getting back at 1:30 would be fine, if we indeed get back then, with no problems. I know nothing about Dominica and am a little leery of doing an independent tour with such a tight time-line.... Maybe I just worry too much!

The website where I saw a price was shoretrips dot com. It sounds like they're a reliable company.

• 4 weeks later...

We are just back from the Oct 1 Destiny and did the Adventure park Canopy tour and had the time of our life.

They picked us up at the pier (10am) when the ship docked and took us by van to the Adventure park.

The website we used was shoretrips.com and booked thru them. The description on the tour on this site is what sold us to do the Canopy excursion. And dont regret it.

I believe we were back in town by 2 or 2:30. Its sold as a 4 hour excursion I believe.

Archived