Mobile, AL - Any experience with Holiday Inn I-10 BELLINGRATH GARDEN

I live in Mobile and it is an older hotel on the outskirts of town. I don't think I would stay there. There are closer hotels to the port. You might try the Renaissance Riverview Hotel 251-438-4000. They are doing renovation and the prices may be better and it's right across the street from the port. There is the Lafayette Plaza Hotel downtown that used to be a Holiday Inn which has been renovated. There is the Radisson downtown and Ramada Inn. All very close to the port. Of course, there is every hotel imaginable on I-65 Beltline you can get reasonable close to shopping and restaurants.

I live in Mobile and it is an older hotel on the outskirts of town. I don't think I would stay there.

lmcpark,

Thanks for the response, but why would you not stay there? Is it because it's not close to the port? I've read good reviews about it. I really like that they have free transportation. I guess I just wonder if it's in a bad area. Safety is the main thing I'm worried about. I figure I'll be pampered enough when I get on the ship, I can save money on the hotel. :)

Thanks!

No it isn't necessarily a bad area it's just not very close. I do not know anything about the accomodations. There is an all night gas station right next door with a lot of transient people traveling on I-10 so you should lock your car. If you are flying in I would recommend staying downtown. Downtown is beautiful and old south. Are you flying?

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Mobile as well. I also recommend staying downtown because of the proximity to the ship. If you'd rather stay in one of the chain hotels/closer to restaurants you might consider staying just across the bay bridge in Daphne. There are several hotel and restaurant options there and it's much safer than the Beltline or Tillman's Corner/Bellingrath area.

There are a bunch of hotels at I-65 and Airport Road that provide transportation from the airport and may do it to the port. When we went there while my son was in college there we stayed at the Drury Inn most of the time. We really liked it. There are lots of good restaurants around there and a shopping mall on the other side of I-65.

We just returned from the Holiday. We stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes the night before the cruise and it was wonderful! The cruise and park special was $129. This included a $30 credit for breakfast. The room was large with 2 double beds, a sitting area with a sofa, 2 chairs, table and tv area. THey shuttled us to the ship and when we returned the lady at the terminal called them to come pick us up. I highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update...

We are at this hotel right now - waiting to board the ship in the morning!! Anyway, it's a wonderful hotel! The rooms are clean and updated and the hotel staff are VERY nice and helpful! I highly recommend this hotel for staying in Mobile. I found a rate of $88 and they provide free transportation from/to the airport and the cruise terminal (a significant savings!)

16 hours and counting!

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick update...

We are at this hotel right now - waiting to board the ship in the morning!! Anyway, it's a wonderful hotel! The rooms are clean and updated and the hotel staff are VERY nice and helpful! I highly recommend this hotel for staying in Mobile. I found a rate of $88 and they provide free transportation from/to the airport and the cruise terminal (a significant savings!)

16 hours and counting!

MEAGAN,,

QUESTION...Does the HOLIDAY INN offer free

car parking????

I am driving,wanted to find a Hotel that offers parking....

Archived