Weather ? for those returning

mumom95

Hi all. We leave in three days for the land portion of our Alaska trip (six days land, seven day cruise). Just wandering what the weather has been like in Alaska, unusually warm? cold? or about average? What about rainfall. We will be in Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. Thanks!!

We just got back yesterday on the Mercury. Had a fabulous time! The weather was pretty typical for S.E. Alaska: overcast and showers in Juneau, sunny in Skagway, POURING rain in Ketchikan. Temps were in the 50's and 60's, except when the sun came out in Skagway (it warmed up quickly) and very cool at the Hubbard glacier. I recommend bringing layers. Especially a hat and gloves for chilly deck viewing. Frankly, I was wishing I had my long underwear for the Hubbard. But in Skagway I was glad I had a tank top under my sweater, allowing me to strip off layers as the temp rose.

Also important: bring a good rain coat. We got drenched in Ketchikan, despite our umbrellas, but at least my upper body stayed dry. My jeans were soaked through!

JulieMac

Archived