Carnival Conquest - Will I make Soto's 9:30 tour?

atlj

For any of you that have been on the Conquest: Have you done the
Soto's 9:30 Stingray Tour? My documents say we arrive around 7:00 a.m.

Any help from those of you who have done this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi-
We were there last week from the Carnival Sensation and the timing was a little nerve wracking since the ship was to leave the port at 2:00 (the tour was to end at 1:30). All I did was e-mail the folks at Sotos and let them know the problem. Turns out, a bunch of other people from the Sensation were also booked, so they already had planned to adjust the time to fit our schedule (which was really nice, I think). So my advice is to e-mail them and let them know. And remember that their time is an hour behind the ship time!
Jeff

We did the 9:30 Stingray Tour with Soto's last week off of the Conquest. No problem. Soto's email asked for us to be at their bus between 8:45 and 9:15am. We ate breakfast and went to the lounge at 8:15am to wait to be called for the tender. We arrived at Soto's bus across from the Church of God right at 8:45; one more group showed up after us and then we rode to their dock.

The email from Soto's also asks that customers try to get on the 1st tender off of the ship; I don't think this is necessary and looks like a pain since people line up to get into the lounge to get their tender tickets.

I believe Soto's loads up one van and as soon as it is full, they carry the people to their dock to start processing them onboard and then the next van leaves when the remaining booked guests arrive. I didn't want to be the last group to arrive at the van, but I also didn't want to get there and wait 30 to 45 minutes for the remainder of the guests to arrive.

We were very pleased with the tour and the price.

• 5 weeks later...
Someone on another thread stated that if you take your receipt (copy of internet confirmation) to the pursers deck they will arrange for you to get off the ship on the first tenders. I'm not sure know true this is - but it's worth a try.

Make sure to take the email address with you in case you do run into problems. If you have enough time you can always email them from the Internet cafe to let them know your situation.

• 2 weeks later...
I also booked Soto's and am on the Conquest. :D Their tour ends at 12:30 p.m. LOCAL TIME, which is 1:30 p.m. SHIP'S TIME. I know these times are correct because I contacted Soto's personally and asked. The Conquest doesn't leave port until 4:00 p.m. with the last tender leaving at 3:30 p.m. Since our tour with Soto's ends a full two hours before the last tender leaves, I am not worried. Especially since other CCers have posted that they have done Soto's while on the Conquest and everything was great. So relax and don't worry about it. :) And if you're still worried, e-mail Soto's with your questions. I also had questions for them and they e-mailed me a response the same day.:)

Archived