Crown and Anchor and Captains Club

wagmart

I belong to both clubs and am within 2 cruises from the diamond level on RCCL. The problem is I prefer a 10 day cruise over the 7 day so I have beem sailing on Celebrity lately. Do you nsuppose the 2 clubs will ever join together so the number of cruises overlap with the two. I know once you get to a certain level they allow that level of extras but sine I have gotten away from RCCL I have a long way to go to reach my next level with Celebrity since this is mt third with them. Sorry for rambling. I hope this makes sense.

8 Rccl cruises

2 Celebrity and another in January on the Galaxy

1 lonely Carnival cruise

Hi Everyone !

I agree with Ed. At this point, I do not think they will combine, nor should they.

Never say never though :).

Wagmart ~ do two more 7 days on Royal Caribbean (they do have a couple of longer cruises here and there, too). That would get you to Diamond with them and automatically make you Elite with Celebrity. I do have to tell you, though, that I think you get more perks with Royal Caribbean than you do with Celebrity (when comparing like levels). The Diamond Concierge lounge on Royal Caribbean is one of the nicest perks offered in a loyalty program. Celebrity doesn't have anything similiar.

Enjoy!

The Diamond Concierge lounge on Royal Caribbean is one of the nicest perks offered in a loyalty program. Celebrity doesn't have anything similiar.

Enjoy!

Amen !@#$%^ and a few more select words for X-management...

The problem is I prefer a 10 day cruise over the 7 day

Voyager transatlantic is really cheap for a longer RCL cruise.. If I wasn't on Century...

Voyager's lounge:

Wagmart ~ do two more 7 days on Royal Caribbean (they do have a couple of longer cruises here and there, too). That would get you to Diamond with them and automatically make you Elite with Celebrity. I do have to tell you, though, that I think you get more perks with Royal Caribbean than you do with Celebrity (when comparing like levels). The Diamond Concierge lounge on Royal Caribbean is one of the nicest perks offered in a loyalty program. Celebrity doesn't have anything similar.

Enjoy!

I have to agree with Host Anne, that traveling with Royal Caribbean to get to the Diamond level...........has better perks than Elite on Celebrity.

And to the poster that asked if X and RCCL would combine points, I can not imagining that happening. Frankly, there are so many Diamond members now, that the lounges are overflowing at the cocktail hour, and some ships have a second lounge. It's one perk that I hope they keep, and not make it for just Diamond Plus. We will be D+ before the end of the year and wish X would do something along the same lines.

Rick

Wagmart ~ do two more 7 days on Royal Caribbean (they do have a couple of longer cruises here and there, too). That would get you to Diamond with them and automatically make you Elite with Celebrity. I do have to tell you, though, that I think you get more perks with Royal Caribbean than you do with Celebrity (when comparing like levels). The Diamond Concierge lounge on Royal Caribbean is one of the nicest perks offered in a loyalty program. Celebrity doesn't have anything similiar.

Enjoy!

Totally agree Anne,,,we enjoyed the extras last Jan. on RCCL being "diamond members"...we love Celebrity and wonder why they don't do the same for their loyal customers:confused: ...Best surprise on RCis the $$off they give you on cabins,,,really nice perk;) ....Ann

Hello Host Anne and Host Andy,

I think Celebrity's perks are not very good, because folks don't demand extra perks. They sail Celebrity only because they like Celebrity, IMO.:)

Thanks for the info and thoughts. I really enjoy reading all the letters people write. Now and then I just have a thought that I like to pass along to the seasoned cruisers. Thanks again

Steve

Hey Texed ~ You're right....I don't pick a cruise because of the perks. But then I don't cruise one line exclusively. I select on ship, itinerary, cost (and a combination thereof). So sometimes that puts us on RCI and sometimes on Princess where the perks are nice and can influence a "close" call on a cruise decision. :) Same goes for airlines. It's nice to feel like they appreciate your business.

Hi,

Does anyone know if one has booked a cruise on X onboard and switches to RCCl, do we get to keep the onboard credits and use them on RCCL?

Thanks, Seasill

Yes as long as you keep the same booking number.

in my opinion the best perks are on princess. they have totally free interenet and free laundry service for their top tier. those two perks are worth more then a few drinks.

But their prices for the same cruises are quite a bit more for the cruises I want to do. And their food and service are still not up to Celebrity standards... but I do miss the free internet.

How do Captain's Club members get to be members of Crown and Anchor? I have heard that this is doable, but don't know how. Thanks for the help.

Have you cruised with RCL before?

Your standing in Celebrity should be honored.

Try to sign up online if you are booked or call Celebrity when you have booked your RCL cruise.

We have not cruised with RCL, although we are considering it. Thought that if we do decide to, that it would be a nice idea to have the Crown and Anchor membership if it was available to us.

I wonder the same thing -- why are the perks on RCI better? :o

Hi Anne !

I have asked this question to Celebrity more times than you can imagine. They never seem to have any satisfactory answer for it. Clearly, they must be happy with their program the way it is now. Sadly, most of us feel it can be improved, but Celebrity does not seem to be getting the message.

I am always amazed at how Celebrity feels they are a premium line, yet their the parent line has a far superior loyalty program than Celebrity. IMHO, that makes no sense to me.

Hopefully, they will improve the Captains Club in the near future. Time will tell.

I think you have to cruise it before you can be a member.

If you are at the select or elite level on Celebrity, you do not have to cruise with Royal Caribbean to be a member of the Crown and Anchor. We have never cruised on Royal Caribbean, but are diamond members of Crown and Anchor (and have our membership cards and numbers) because of our Elite status on Celebrity. All you have to do is call the Crown and Anchor club and ask to join giving your membership number from Celebrity.

I am sure that the same holds true for Crown and Anchor members at platinum or diamond levels who have never cruised Celebrity.

Archived