I love my QM2 towels!

CruiseFever

Tell me about the towels?

Do they have the QM2 logo on them?

Are they in your cabin ..all cabins when you arrive?

And you can buy them??????

Please tell me about the towels that sound like something else I may have to have!

good day everyone....

Yes you can buy them if your cabin steward or another member of staff is willing to do the trade with you. However, if Cunard security found out in any way you would be in "deep lumber". Don't know if they carry the regulation ankle restraints on board though.

This prompts the question as to why anyone would pay their cabin steward to steal them for them when they could steal them themself for nothing.

David.

Yes you can buy them if your cabin steward or another member of staff is willing to do the trade with you. However, if Cunard security found out in any way you would be in "deep lumber". Don't know if they carry the regulation ankle restraints on board though.

This prompts the question as to why anyone would pay their cabin steward to steal them for them when they could steal them themself for nothing.

David.

On QE2, from what I recall, there is a price list of things such as bathrobes and umbrellas (although these are no longer provided for guests anyway - unless the cabin has one from the pre-refit days. Most were stolen, and these are not being replaced).

I'd not, of course, condone any theft, but it appears from what I have seen that you can buy a lot of these things if you want to, and quite legitimately.

Of course Cunard can also bill you if they discover one missing - the have your card details. And, quite frankly, I'd hope that they would indeed do this.

Its funny - almost ALL individual Americans I have met on my travels have been friendly, open, charming and interested in others - a compliment one might only sporadically extend to us Brits.:)

Yes, for the most part people are rather friendly and quite open about accepting differences when they travel because I think its inherent that you just are going to a different place and we know its not always like it is back home. I don't think you can lump all Americans and all Brits into two camps of typical stereotypes but every now and then someone fills that spot rather well. Like you Peter, I have found most of the people I've seen on cruises as being rather open and quite curious about how others live and play and interested in seeing what's beyond their front door. I think this review was of someone who hasn't experienced much outside of his comfort zone of home.

Back to towels. So we're saying someone actually PAID the cabin steward to allow them to take the towels? Hmmmmm. I agree with that one person who said why not just take them yourself like some people do in hotels? Maybe they should start thinking of selling QM2 towels in the gift shop?

Now my memory is fuzzy but I seem to recall HAL selling their bathrobes but I can't remember if you do that through the front desk or if they have them in the shops. Anyway, I think this could be another QM2 accesory for them to make money on. Then again, if they do sell them, people would most likely try to steal them even more. I can just hear the comments, "Can you believe the outrageous price they are asking for these?":)

David

Back to towels. So we're saying someone actually PAID the cabin steward to allow them to take the towels? Hmmmmm. I agree with that one person who said why not just take them yourself like some people do in hotels? Maybe they should start thinking of selling QM2 towels in the gift shop?

I can just hear the comments, "Can you believe the outrageous price they are asking for these?":)

David

The certainly sell QM2 towels on QE2 - which I find odd.

And, as I said, bathrobes and other items are available for purchase on QE2.

I can't believe that the situation isn't the same on QM2.

Tell me about the towels?

Do they have the QM2 logo on them?

Are they in your cabin ..all cabins when you arrive?

And you can buy them??????

Please tell me about the towels that sound like something else I may have to have!

good day everyone....

I think they're a nice momento of the cruise. They have the "CUNARD" logo on them and are in your cabin when you arrive. You could just take those and be charged for them but if you ask your cabin steward they'll get you new ones wrapped in plastic for travel just like any other cruise line.

I definately have to have one or two of these towels!

And you think that we can buy them directly from our cabin steward? Just give him cash right?!!

thanks so much for the info!!

I'm sure these go on your sign and sail card. :rolleyes:

I definately have to have one or two of these towels!

And you think that we can buy them directly from our cabin steward? Just give him cash right?!!

thanks so much for the info!!

For some reason, if I remember correctly, I think it is done this way. They also have them in one of the gift shops. There is a little folding card in the bathroom, explaining this.

Karie,

who did NOT buy them, but might have if they had been a different color (don't go with EITHER of my bathrooms!)

Being an American who has lived in England for the past 10 years....

It is this kind of person....'tourist', that makes me cringe to be American.

Really pathetic and sad.

Makes me want to not go home.

Beana

Really pathetic and sad.

Beana

all the yanks speak well of you!!!!!

Really pathetic and sad.

Beana

Gee, Beana, I never thought of myself as a "tourist"

I prefer to use the term "purist"

You see, it rhymes, and sounds so much more effete!

Karie, who is still looking for that nice denim flormal gown. Perhaps I could find one with terrycloth trim! Say, made out of plush QM2 towels, obtained from my room steward, who must, after all be selling purloined ones to the "guests" (AKA tourists) on their room key/charge card. Probably in cahoots with the pursers desk!

<VBEG>

Tired of lurking other boards with all the speculative Princess noise, so I came here, for diversion and voila- we are talking towels. So when I am not lurking CC, I am on eBay ( yes I need to get a life)-anyway, off to see if the towels were for sale on eBay- nope just " rare QM2 tee shirts. Rats.

• 5 months later...

I was on the QM2 and did some Christmas shopping while on board. I purchased two of the green beach towels, still in the celephane from the cabin steward. $35.00 each was charged to my sign and sail card.

My son loved them and they should last forever. Pricey yes, but very good quality.

I also purchased a large towel in the gift shop for $35. that had the Cunard colors and Queen Mary 2 across it.

Archived