Princess Hawaii Helicopter Tours

ndjoe

Does anyone know what helicopter companies Princess uses on their Hawaii excursions. I checked a few web sites out, and noticed their were quite a few helicopter companies listed, for Kauai, Maui & Hawaii. Some of the sites seemed more interesting than others, and since Princess doesn't list the companies they use in their excursion information, I thought maybe someone could share that information with me. Also, if you did take a helicopter excursion, and you only wanted to do one, which island would you choose?

We didnt book through Princess so I cant answer with complete certainty, but I think they use Blue Hawaiian. I know a lot of the cruiselines use this company. We booked through Safari who had the best prices and picked you up at the pier.

If you can only go on one helicopter tour - Definitely pick Kauai. There is really no debating this. Most of the island is inaccessible by car and the only way to truly appreciate the waterfalls, Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon is via Copter.

Tony

We didnt book through Princess so I cant answer with complete certainty, but I think they use Blue Hawaiian. I know a lot of the cruiselines use this company. We booked through Safari who had the best prices and picked you up at the pier.

If you can only go on one helicopter tour - Definitely pick Kauai. There is really no debating this. Most of the island is inaccessible by car and the only way to truly appreciate the waterfalls, Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon is via Copter.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for your reply. I usually take excursions with Princess and Blue Hawaiian seem to be a good company from what I did read on their site. Well, at least The National Geographic, The Travel Channel & Frommer's seem to recommend them. Did you take any other helicopter tours that you might recommend. I'm more inclined to take videos and pictures of beautiful scenery, than to jump in the water and snorkle.

Joe

I went on a Princess arranged helicopter tour from Kona. They used Blue Hawaiian. While I've been previously on a helicopter tour of Maui and Kauai, no island other than the Big Island has a live erupting volcono that you can really only see from a helicopter. It was truly spectacular. The helicopter tour from Hilo is shorter and cheaper, and I assume they would use the same company (and you would also see the volcano) as we actually stopped in Hilo to refuel for the second hour of the tour.

P.S. Believe it or not, the Princess price for the Kona helicopter tour was cheaper than Blue Hawaiian's brouchure price that was in their office. Usually Princess tours cost more, but not this time.

Thanks

Norm

We booked with Safari in Hilo and Kauai

I really enjoyed Hilo also - the view of the volcanoes and watching the lava flow into the ocean from above is amazing. It does rain a lot in Hilo and our pilot said that there is usually cloud cover 60-70% of the time so sometimes its difficult to see everything. Luckily, we were there on a great day and had some good views.

Both of the choices were great - but if you can take only 1 - I would go with Kauai. I would seriously try and take both if you can.

I took about 100 pics from the copter in Hilo and Kauai - I will try and post some on here.

I went on a Princess arranged helicopter tour from Kona. They used Blue Hawaiian. While I've been previously on a helicopter tour of Maui and Kauai, no island other than the Big Island has a live erupting volcono that you can really only see from a helicopter. It was truly spectacular. The helicopter tour from Hilo is shorter and cheaper, and I assume they would use the same company (and you would also see the volcano) as we actually stopped in Hilo to refuel for the second hour of the tour.

P.S. Believe it or not, the Princess price for the Kona helicopter tour was cheaper than Blue Hawaiian's brouchure price that was in their office. Usually Princess tours cost more, but not this time.

Thanks

Norm

Norm,

Thanks for the information. Looks like I'll be booking the two hour tour from Kona too.

Joe

We booked with Safari in Hilo and Kauai

I really enjoyed Hilo also - the view of the volcanoes and watching the lava flow into the ocean from above is amazing. It does rain a lot in Hilo and our pilot said that there is usually cloud cover 60-70% of the time so sometimes its difficult to see everything. Luckily, we were there on a great day and had some good views.

Both of the choices were great - but if you can take only 1 - I would go with Kauai. I would seriously try and take both if you can.

I took about 100 pics from the copter in Hilo and Kauai - I will try and post some on here.

Tony,

Great pictures! Thanks for sending them. With your reply and Norm's, guess you both talked me into doing both the Kauai and Kona helicopter tours. I had a great time on a helicopter tour in Alaska, and I'm sure these tours will be just as exciting.

Joe

• 6 years later...

I would like to refesh this thread as Im sailing Xmas New Year this year on Golden Princess . Does Princess still use the same company ? I have booked Princess helicopter tours as they look pretty spectacular.. What do others think of them now?

Archived