St.John island tour/Princess

karen of PA

We signed up for an island tour of St. John with Princess. Has anyone ever taken this tour? We wanted to spend some additional time at Trunk Bay and I was wondering if we could just stay at Trunk Bay and find our own way back to the ship instead of going on to shop at Cruz Bay with the tour. Do you know if Trunk Bay is the last beach that the tour visits?

Thanks,

Karen

We did that tour and although we got a bird's eye view of a lot of areas we didn't spend any long period of time anywhere except shopping. Our view of Trunk Bay was from up on top of a hill. We never saw it up close. Are there any tours available to just go to Trunk Bay? You might want to check that out instead.

I thought you might say that. It was a little frustrating to me to see all these beautiful places from afar and not be able to experience them....especially the beaches. Also, I felt "stuck" at the shopping stop. We were ready to go back to St. Thomas but were stuck there until the allotted time was up. But, I'm sure you can cancel an excursion. You didn't mention when your cruise is, but I doubt it's a big deal to cancel. Check the Princess website or call them. If a beach is what you want, consider getting there on your own. Whatever you choose, have wonderful cruise!

Karen

yes, you can.. We decided not to do one of our tours in Cabo and we went to the desk on the Sapphire. They cancelled with no problem or explanation needed, we were not charged for the excursion.

I even changed my mind a few times prior to the cruise and I was able to cancel and rebook a different tour with no problems.

Thank you so much for your help. I checked the Princess excursions book and it said that you could not cancel 30 days before the cruise. We're going this Saturday!! So then I called the 1-800 number and they canceled with no problem. If it hadn't been for you, I would have been stuck in a bus or seething at a souvenir shop and I never would have gotten to see Trunk Bay.

We decided to do it on our own. I owe you "big time". I'll think of you when I'm sitting on the beach.

Karen

Archived