Island Princess

StellaRN

Happy Fourth!!

We recently booked a mini-suite D416 on the Island Princess southbound Alaska for next July. Does anyone know if these balconies are covered? This is our 1st cruise and we don't know what to expect or what we should be checking to make sure we are in a good location on the ship. Any help would be great.

StellaRN

Hi Stella!

We just got back from a southbound on the Island. We had cabin D604 and it was not covered. I think they're all the same on the Dolphin deck. The weather was gorgeous and we enjoyed not being covered. If it had rained the whole time, I probably would've felt differently..

Have a wonderful time, and Happy Sailings!

Hi Stella,

D416 is uncovered.

You will love the Island. We sailed on her for 10 days in March and booked her again for 15 days rt LA to Hawaii Oct. 6,2004.

As long as you have good weather an uncovered balcony will be fine. There are partially covered balconies B218-309 B416-633 C232-703. One of these might be a safer choice.

Arlene

Arlenedow,

Thanks for the info on the Island. After reading all the helpful info on this site and looking at pics that were posted we changed our cabin to C504 which is the corner of the bumpout and covered. Everything sounds so good I don't know if I can wait a year. We have 2 none cruise trips between now and then but I am really looking forward to the cruise. This will be our first so we want to make the right decisions. LA to Hawaii sounds great. I guess you really liked the ship if you booked again.

Thanks again

Stella RN

Archived