please explain the super saver rate in the brochure to me

musicmansmom

ok, im sure i am missing something very simple, but i cant figure out what this option is in the brochure. if they list a price of lets say $999 and the super saver rate is $650 opposite it, does that mean that is what the cruise is going to cost for a certain cabin catagory??? i hate to admit i have never figured out what this means.

can some one explain it to me :confused:

The $999 is akin to a car's MSRP. A price few [if any] people have to pay. The $650 is what CCL actually sells the cabin for under most circumstances.

thanks for clearing that up for me. now it makes sense and the cruise price looks much more appealing :D

thanks for clearing that up for me. now it makes sense and the cruise price looks much more appealing :D

Not only that... many times you can get your cruise cheaper than the SS rate.

CCL runs lots of specials such as past guest rates. Another special that many are not aware of is resident specials. That is a special rate that they apply to certain states at different times. We got our upcoming cruise very cheap. We booked an 8g balcony cabin which was showing on the website as $1029pp.

The past guest rate got it down to $909pp. Then there was a resident special, our pvp dropped our price to $829pp. THEN....they ran another past guest special....we got this great cabin on the Miracle for $729pp!! Of course, please keep in mind that these rates are extremely low for the Miracle on the last week of August. Due to last years very active hurricane season and fuel prices increasing the cost to get to the port, whether driving or flying, the cabins are not filling up as quickly as usual...therefore the very low prices. My CCL pvp said she has never seen a summer that was so slowing filling up the ships .

Cruzn

Ignore the brochure prices, they are "pleasant dreams" of the cruiseline and are as real as "Reality Shows." Click on the advertisers on this site and on other travel/cruise sites to find current selling prices. Then call the sites to get an actual quote.

Dan

The $999 is akin to a car's MSRP. A price few [if any] people have to pay. The $650 is what CCL actually sells the cabin for under most circumstances.

Also, look at the little print before the SS price. It says "As Low As", which means for travel during off peak seasons.

Also, look at the little print before the SS price. It says "As Low As", which means for travel during off peak seasons.

i love to cruise during the off peak season. i will look for that also.

thanks, music :)

The only people who pay the brochure rate are people who book with some of the 2 for 1 coupons or similar. Those coupons generally aren't a good deal because the 1st person pays the brochure rate so essentially they are paying about the same price that everyone else pays for 2 people with the super saver rate. Now, I can't say this is true for

all but coupons out there but I think that's the case with most of them.

Archived