1100 OR 9256 on Brilliance

MLinFL

We are holding both 1100 which is an aft Junior Suite and 9256 which is an aft D1 cabin. I have to decide in a day or so as to which one I want for our Panama Canal cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. My first choice was the JS 1100, but it costs $1,000 more than 9256. Is it worth it? I will be getting a large balcony with both, so what else do I get with the junior suite that can convice me it is worth that much more?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary Lou

All I can tell you is that it would be worth it to me for the extra space alone on a 10-day (?) cruise, but only you can decide what makes something "worth" $1000. I assume that's the total price difference, BTW.

The JS is a larger cabin, so there's more room to move about. The sofa is by the window, while in the D-1 the bed is next to the window. The JS has a full bathroom with a shower/tub, the D-1 has a shower stall only (not really a factor for me, but you may care). The JS has a walk-in closet that can double as a dressing room if space is at a premium. The more people you have in the cabin, the more I should think that would be worth.

The JS gets you 2 C&A credits, and you usually have priority embarkation. You don't get the full suite perks, though, unless you're a Diamond or D+ C&A Society member.

Do you spend a lot of time in your cabin? If not, maybe you should save your $$ and get the D-1 (that's what we're doing on our Baltics cruise next year because there are so many ports that we will only be in the room to get ready to do something else most days). But if any or all of the above are important to you AND you can afford it without crying out in pain, get the JS.

with Critterchick! Go for the JS 1100 if you can. It is one of my fav staterooms on Radiance class ships. Same reasons as Critterchick, but especially for the extra space.

Whichever you choose will be great, however!

Dorie

Archived