Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

We are flying in on Sunday morning and are wondering if the ship has a shuttle from the airport to the cruise line or is it better just to take a cab. Has anyone found out which is better???

Thanns:) :)

Hi, I am flying into the Miami Airport and hopefully will be shuttled from there, you might want to call Henry for details..Jeri is also flying in on Sunday morning (Madhouseinc) to Ft. Lauderdale, she might be able to help...Sue

We are flying in on Sunday morning and are wondering if the ship has a shuttle from the airport to the cruise line or is it better just to take a cab. Has anyone found out which is better???

Thanns:) :)

Hi, the ship does have a shuttle from the airport to the ship but you have to arrange that thru Henry. There is a fee for this, if I remember correctly it is $35 from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and $55 from the Miami airport. The price was for both ways but you will have to contact Henry in advance to have that set up.

Kristin, as far as packing goes, the ship does have a hairdryer but I am bringing my own. From what I understand, if I were to use their hairdryer it would take forever to dry my hair. I have a lot of hair so my hairdryer would work better for me.

I am bringing my own "spirits", but I am packing it in my luggage. They are plastic bottles, so I won't have to worry about any breakage in there.

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope everyone had a wonderful day today.

Barb

event.png

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Finally received our tickets....they came on sunday - Christmas eve day! We were so surprised, even Henry. He could not believe that they were delivered on a Sunday.

Time to pack......have to try things on to see what fits! The good thing about cruising this time of year is you can wash/pack summer clothes and not worry about having to wear them before you leave. Although the weather here in the northeast has been exceptionally warm.

We did not purchase the transfers, the hotel we are staying has a free airport shuttle & will also shuttle us to the cruiseport the next morning.

When we return, we will just hail a cab to the airport since we have an early flight out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I have had the transfers before, they are large buses & you have to wait until they fill up before they pull out, we did not want to chance it w/our time frame.

Happy packing!!!!

Claudia

When are you going to start to pack? My big question -do you pack all the recommended stuff i.e. night light, flashlight, hairdryer, extension cord, hanging closet shelves, etc. First time cruise, can you tell!? Is anyone bringing their own wine, or spirits???If so how much, and how are you going to enjoy on ship-refill at room, enjoy only in room, or carry a folding cooler?? Hope everyone has tickets,hotel, and airfare all set and done!!!! Kristin

I am trying to bring as little stuff as possible. I really got inspired by reading the posts of the more experienced cruisers. Some of them have it down to just one carry on for a 7 day cruise! I don't think I will ever be that good.

I am bringing my own spirits. I read and re read everything and could find no rules about it. I got some plastic flasks and will zip lock them to make double sure there is no leaking. here is the site I got them from. They delivered VERY quickly, so these are still an option if you want them http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=8

I also got some Travel Space Saver bags because I know I will be bringing home more then I pack...maybe a few other zip locks for a wet bathing suits

I can't believe this trip is actually happening! It seemed like such a long way off when we initially planned it.

I understand that this sailing is completely "sold out" and there is a waiting list only. Since "final" payment has come and gone, I wonder how they can "work out" a waiting list? Anyone know?

Anyhow....to all of you sailing on this QVC cruise...have loads FUN. I know they will be giving away lots of goodies, so bring an extra bag.

If anyone talks to H, ask him if there is any more room, only need 1 cabin. Ha!

Happy Sailing to all. :)

I also got some Travel Space Saver bags because I know I will be bringing home more then I pack...maybe a few other zip locks for a wet bathing suits

I can't believe this trip is actually happening! It seemed like such a long way off when we initially planned it.

Remember that when you use space bags you get rid of air but not weight. They are getting pretty strict on the weight allowance. If you are bringing a large suitcase it might be smart to make sure it is 50 pounds and then an empty one for our "goodies".

Remember that when you use space bags you get rid of air but not weight. They are getting pretty strict on the weight allowance. If you are bringing a large suitcase it might be smart to make sure it is 50 pounds and then an empty one for our "goodies".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeri, is it 50 lbs. per suitcase or 50 lbs. total for all baggage being checked in per person? Also, do you know how many bags we are allowed to bring on the airlines per person? Now that it's getting close I'm starting to really think about this and I don't want to screw this up. I myself plan on bringing one large suitcase, one med. suitcase and a garment bag that will all be checked in. Of course I do have a small carryone. That's just my stuff. Do you think this will be too much? Then my husband has one large suitcase, and my son has one large. Thanks.

Barb

event.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeri, is it 50 lbs. per suitcase or 50 lbs. total for all baggage being checked in per person? Also, do you know how many bags we are allowed to bring on the airlines per person? Now that it's getting close I'm starting to really think about this and I don't want to screw this up. I myself plan on bringing one large suitcase, one med. suitcase and a garment bag that will all be checked in. Of course I do have a small carryone. That's just my stuff. Do you think this will be too much? Then my husband has one large suitcase, and my son has one large. Thanks.

Barb

event.png

OK, two bags per person, each bag can be 50 pounds. Carry on has to be less than 40 pounds and measure less that 45 inches - add length, width and depth to get that. Also be advised you may have a lot of goodies to take back, so try to carry one empty bag. We leave in 10 days!!!

Thanks Jeri, I guess my husband will take over the garment bag, since some of his clothes will be in there and I'll bring an extra bag for my son. That'll be the bag for our goodies! :D We pulled out all our suitcases tonight. Guess you can say, I'm starting to pack! CAN'T WAIT!

Barb

event.png

Hey hope y'all had a great Christmas, I think your cruise thread has set a record on MSC as far as views.

I think I have a view of why. We are a group of people who are terribly excited about it and are enjoying the planning. We are not looking at if the cruise line will nickle and dime us, rather looking at a week of pure enjoyment. Many of us are first time cruisers and want to share and ask a great many questions, but since MSC is a rather new line to the US the best way to find out information is to ask here. Let's face it, you go to other forums and they say MSC??? Who are they? Almost all of us are QVC customers and trust them to produce a good product, based on their past fuctions, and I can only speak from personal experience, I have had all my emails and enquires answered to my satisfaction. This happy group of travelers are open minded IMO and do not plan on spending the week saying "but on XXXXX they do it this way".

And thank you Forecastle, I hope you also had a wonderful holiday - Let's face it, after the first week or so you are about the only person outside of this slightly zaney group who took any interest at all in our particular cruise.

Everyone - I guess they are going to do the Welcome Aboard thing in two shifts, at 5 and 7PM. How does 3:30PM by the pool bar for our meeting?

Just got an email from Henry - he has scheduling issues - he would not be able to meet us until 4:30 - what do you think?

all you guys are sooo lucky!! My family will be on the opera for the feb 16th sailing (southern carb). I have been reading your posts and getting kid silly in side of me thinking about our cruise. Please make sure that when you are done with your cruise to post and let us know how it was.

Have a safe, fun cruise,

cheryl

Jeri, not sure what time then, I am sure we will all get a chance to meet Henry at a later time, We should still all meet at 3:30 by the pool and then decide how to attack H hahaha...What does everyone else think? I am open to anything!!!!!

Cheryl, I promise to post as soon as I get back, wish you where on this one, going to be so much fun!!!!!!

I am packed and ready to go!!!!!!! Sue:D :D :D :D :D

Jeri, not sure what time then, I am sure we will all get a chance to meet Henry at a later time, We should still all meet at 3:30 by the pool and then decide how to attack H hahaha...What does everyone else think? I am open to anything!!!!!

Cheryl, I promise to post as soon as I get back, wish you where on this one, going to be so much fun!!!!!!

I am packed and ready to go!!!!!!! Sue:D :D :D :D :D

Kinda like your idea - hmmm. Did you get your transfers yet?

Hello all of you who are also going on the QVC Birthday Cruise. My wife and I are really excited both because she is an avid QVC patron and because this is our first cruise! The others can laugh if they wish, but I know that we will all have a great time.

We are flying in early on Sunday from Philly, so as long as there is no snow delays, we'll be there.

Hello all of you who are also going on the QVC Birthday Cruise. My wife and I are really excited both because she is an avid QVC patron and because this is our first cruise! The others can laugh if they wish, but I know that we will all have a great time.

We are flying in early on Sunday from Philly, so as long as there is no snow delays, we'll be there.

Hi SGTKoz, we are flying out of Philly on Sat. afternoon. Where are you from? Do you live near Philly. We're from a suburb of Philly in Delaware County.

Jeri, I also think we should stick with the 3:30 meet time. For those of us who have early seating, our cocktail party starts at 5:00, so even 3:30 meeting is pushing it.

Barb

event.png

Hi SGTKoz, we are flying out of Philly on Sat. afternoon. Where are you from? Do you live near Philly. We're from a suburb of Philly in Delaware County.

Jeri, I also think we should stick with the 3:30 meet time. For those of us who have early seating, our cocktail party starts at 5:00, so even 3:30 meeting is pushing it.

Barb

event.png

Agreed - If some of us do not get to meet Henry/elf./Santa's helper on Sunday we have plenty of time!

Thanks. We have an early (11am) flight on United coming into Ft. Lauderdale at about 2:20 pm. We've got the shuttle to the dock from the airport. It should only be a short ride, so we should get there in plenty of time.

We live in Warrington, Bucks County. We are also on the Turandot deck cabin #10194, oceanview, no balcony.

Archived