Clear balcony railing panels

OuiOnboard

We just returned from enjoying 14 wonderful days in Northern Europe on Constellation. We had beautiful weather with most days sunny and 25-28* C. temps.

As this is a rather port intensive itinerary after the first few sea days, we did many 1/2 day tours and then returned to the ship for relaxed comfort on our balcony. We had very good and attentive room steward/asst. team who kept the room really clean and tidy, but the clear panels of the railing were always spotted with salty deposits (much more than other cruises in recent memory) such that viewing through them was not pleasant. On the eighth day I asked our room steward "whose job is it to clean the panels?"...to which he replied that it was his responsibility and he would see that they were cleaned...which they were satisfactorily....and remained in pretty good shape the remainder of the cruise.

I noticed that the panels of none of the 4 cabins either side of us (the only ones we could see well enough) received cleaning during the whole 14 day trip.

I know that where there is no harm, there is no foul in such matters...but wonder if one should reasonably expect these clear panels to be made "clear" at some interval without asking.

Archived