Port Canaveral Hotels?

MumsTheWord*

we stayed at the Radisson and were quite satisfied, but there are any number of good hotels in Cocoa Beach. Radisson does have a shuttle that will take you to the ship on sailing day, but there will be many people wanting to use it so the wait can be long. We rented a car at the airport in Orlando, drove to the Radisson. The next day we drove to the pier, dropped off our luggage, drove back to the Budget office, which is very close to the Radisson, and let Budget drive us back to the ship. Quick and very efficient and the one day rental was actually very reasonable.:)

We stayed at the HOldiay Inn Express last year and used our priority points but this year we are staying at the new Residence Inn - when we booked it was only $99 but I think now it is higher. The Holidy Inn Express was very nice - clean and next door to a grocer store for last minute purhcases. We are just trying the Residence Inn because it is NEW.

We stayed at the new Residence Inn in June for $129. It includes a hot buffet for breakfast. They have free parking. Shuttle is $6 pp round trip.

We are staying there in August - got a 2 bedroom suite for $149/night. We are also renting a car from Budget, so we'll use their free shuttle to the pier upon returning the car.

we stayed at the Radisson and were quite satisfied, but there are any number of good hotels in Cocoa Beach. Radisson does have a shuttle that will take you to the ship on sailing day, but there will be many people wanting to use it so the wait can be long. We rented a car at the airport in Orlando, drove to the Radisson. The next day we drove to the pier, dropped off our luggage, drove back to the Budget office, which is very close to the Radisson, and let Budget drive us back to the ship. Quick and very efficient and the one day rental was actually very reasonable.:)

Just wanted to agree with negc from the above post. I, too, have stayed at the Radisson, and it was an enjoyable stay as well as being just minutes from the port. Definitely other wonderful hotels to stay in, but my favorite has always been the Radisson.:)

Have a great cruise.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and the Holiday Inn Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach. Also the Marriott Courtyard in Cocoa Beach. All three were nice hotels, except for the Holiday Inn Oceanfront....the hotel itself was nice...pools, beach etc. but the rooms not so nice.

The best place to stay in Cocoa Beach is at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort....I love that hotel. It is fantastic. The resort has condo-type rooms....very nice....tons of space. A little pricey...but worth it. The pools are like a small water park....and there is a tram that takes you to the ocean....perfect resort. I probably won't stay anyplace else from now on.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach. It is not right on the beach but has access via a quick 2 minute walk. Free breakfast and internet access in lobby. Small pool. Most rooms have ocean view.

Art's shuttle will take you to the port for $4.00 per person. Just let them know in the lobby you need a pickup. Art's runs a regular route and the pick up time is approx. noon.

I just found a link to the Radisson Resort at the Port where you get free parking there during your cruise if you stay the night before you embark. If there are any posters who have done this, I would love input on your experience. Safety of vehicle, hassle of shuttle etc.

Also, does anyone know of additional hotels that offer this service? Sounds like a super deal, but is it too good to be true?

Thanks

I just found a link to the Radisson Resort at the Port where you get free parking there during your cruise if you stay the night before you embark. If there are any posters who have done this, I would love input on your experience. Safety of vehicle, hassle of shuttle etc.

Also, does anyone know of additional hotels that offer this service? Sounds like a super deal, but is it too good to be true?

Thanks

I just called The Radisson & they said that they do offer free parking but that it's part of a "cruise package". It's $149 for the night that you stay over, plus the free parking for the week, a free shuttle bus to & from the port, & a complimentary breakfast for two. I would just call the Radisson to be sure as sometimes you can talk to two different people & get two different answers.:) Here's the number: 321-784-0000

We also recently stayed at the Residence Inn and were very pleased. It is very nice and clean. The full hot breakfast (freee!) is a nice bonus. We did not take the shuttle because we wanted to go to the port earlier than the shuttle started. We took a cab for 3 people and 6 pieces of luggage for $7.90 vs $6/person.

In March we stayed at the Radisson before and after our cruise 1 night each. One thing that I would suggest, not that I like to promote other sites besides CC, but check out tripadvisor.com they have reviews of the hotels. There were quite a few interesting reviews of the Radisson. From our experience I would do 2 things differently. 1. I'd stay at the Residence Inn :) (I have always had great experiences from them). 2. If I stayed at the Radisson again I'd get a suite or something, not just an average room. The rooms there are a bit small.

They have a great pool and lounge area. :) That is probably one of their best assets. So if you can get there in time to use it. I did read that the restaurant there wasn't that great, but to be honest the food was way better than I was expecting. They have a brunch buffet on sunday's and it was nice. Also a Buffet on Saturday that was really good too.

Now to tell you a bit about why I feel the way I do. Our first night at the Radisson was starting off really nice. We tried to get some sleep early so we could take full advantage of our first full day on the ship. Well the people in the room behind us ended up causing such a commotion that the hotel kicked them out and since they still didn't leave the hotel ended up calling the police to take them off the property.:eek: With this whole ordeal we could hear everything and it lasted till past 4 am. It was so loud it sounded like they were in our room. There's nothing like a domestic violence to start an expensive and once in a lifetime vacation.

Now I was a willing to be understandable about the price of the room and the condition of the room, but the hotel I think would be much better off if they did a major renovation of the rooms and charged a bit more. The rooms we were in had plenty of maintenance issues that should have been addressed, from peeling wallpaper to holes in the walls, also some areas that showed some sort of water damage. :(

just my 2 bits and my experiences... not to say it happens to everyone. :confused:

- jah -

Archived