Just booked our cruise on the Inspiration and got a surprise

I had talked with our PVP last week. The five day cruise was priced to me at 299.00 per person for a 4A. Called him today and got a price drop to 249.00 per person and upgraded to a 4C on the Upper deck. WooHooo!! Can't wait till August 28th.

Congrats on your upgrade and lower price! Dang those August prices are good!!! Too bad I'm a teacher :rolleyes:.

Congrats on your upgrade and lower price! Dang those August prices are good!!! Too bad I'm a teacher :rolleyes:.

:rolleyes: I've got the same problem. We were looking for a short cruise before school started but all the good deals are mid August and later. Oh well, I guess we save it to put toward the next trip.:p

I'm sure you could go, then write a paper about all of your experiences to make up for the time. After all, the "real" world is more important than school ... and I'm sure parents/students/administrators won't mind a sub for a week. :rolleyes: :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a married couple of teachers, my wife and I have found cruising to be among the most economical vacations we can take. We get the least expensive interior cabin since we don't spend time in the room except for showering and sleeping. We eat the late dinner seating so we get the most time in a port but still can eat on the ship. Trying to do a similar vacation involving driving, hotels, and restaurant meals, would cost a lot more. For the two of us combined, our four night Inspiration cruise on August 24, including round trip direct flights Philadelphia to Tampa, will cost $1000.

Silent Bob 007,

You obviously are not in education......write a paper to make up the time....that's funny.

Charles

Actually ... I am in education :). I figured that with the number of parents who float the "paper" idea as a substitute for class time, it should also work on the other side of the desk ..... ;)

Actually ... I am in education :). I figured that with the number of parents who float the "paper" idea as a substitute for class time, it should also work on the other side of the desk ..... ;)

I am also a teacher....sometimes I wish I could pull some of the crap that gets handed to me!

My favorite is when the parents/student go to the Principal half hour before graduation and say, "Isn't there anything you can do?"

I think teachers should get complimentary cruises on every school holiday!:D

Archived